The Asset Delivery branch has a suite of Planning and Design guidelines for reference by consultants and contractors undertaking projects for the University.
These guidelines address the following issues:
- sustainable design;
- acoustic requirements;
- design for universal access;
- specialist facilities;
- construction & serviceability;
- wall materials;
- wall finishes;
- internal walls, partitions and finishes;
- floor and floor finishes;
- ceilings and ceiling finishes
- furniture, fixtures and equipment;
- door hardware;
- mechanical, ventilation & air conditioning;
- hydraulic services;
- lift services;
- electrical services;
- media services;
- Fire Services;
- security services; and
- colour coding – plant and equipment.
The guidelines were last updated in August 2011.