What can go in each of the new waste & recycling bins now being used at Joondalup campus
Waste and recycling
In 2012, ECU sent more than 530 tonnes of waste to landfill. Over 45% of this could have been recycled. We also sent 310 tonnes of materials to be recycled.
To reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill we are promoting the recycling facilities available on campus. These include:
- Batteries (excluding car batteries)
- Construction and demolition waste
- E-waste (computers, keyboards, etc.)
- Green waste
- Medical waste
- Paper and cardboard.
Download our FAQs or Waste and Recycling Guide for more information.
At ECU we are tracking not only our waste consumption, but the success of our waste and recycling program through an annual audit.
To help us recycle, remember:
- Disposable coffee cups and lids cannot be recycled at ECU
- Empty plastic containers can be recycled (they don't need to be rinsed)
- You are responsible for emptying your bins and paper recycle boxes.