We are aware that water is a precious resource and we are committed to undertaking strategies both within buildings and the University grounds to reduce our water consumption and to maximise water recycling.
Our targets for the Water Consumption and Production Program are to:
- Water consumption on each campus is reduced by 5% per annum on the 2008 TEFMA Baseline EFTSL.
- Total water consumption remains below the 2008 TEFMA baseline per campus.
- Maintaining certification of ISO/ANZS 14001.
In 2008 the total water consumption across all three campuses were 116,231 kL, 97,314 kL in 2009 and 84,865kL in 2010.
We have introduced water saving initiatives across our campuses, these include;
- Water saving showerheads in our student villages;
- Monitoring evaporation rates on grounds;
- Waterless urinal systems; and
- Water saving tap attachments.
If you have any suggestions or comments on how we can further conserve our water resources, contact us.