Student parking permits are available:
- through our online payments gateway. Please note: your details will be forwarded to a third party to enable your parking applications to be processed. Your details will only be used for the purpose of issuing a parking permit and that information will not be distributed to any other parties; or
- by purchasing a daily or weekly permit (referred to as 'scratchies') available from the Co-op Bookshop or food outlets at a cost of $3.00 per day or $6.00 per week.
*Part-time: Less than 75 per cent of a full unit load
Student housing parking
Occupants of student housing need to display a current ECU parking permit on their vehicle (Student Red permit) as well as a student housing permit.
Transfer of a current permit from one vehicle to another may be effected free of charge through the change of vehicle or address online form. Please note: This will not result in a new permit being issued. If your permit is lost or destroyed you will need to complete the Replacement Permit form instead.
Lost, damaged or destroyed permits (from windscreen damage, vehicle accident, disposal of vehicle, or similar) may be replaced by completing the student replacement parking permit application form and a statutory declaration. A $5.00 fee applies and is payable to student central (eftpos only). Completed application forms will be forwarded to traffic services who will assess the application and either issue the replacement permit or advise if not successful. If successful, the replacement permit will be posted to the permit holders home address. Please note incomplete forms will not be processed.
Permit holders ceasing study with the University shall be entitled to a refund of the parking fee paid based on the HECS policy. Refunds will be issued against the original receipt used to purchase the permit and funds will be refunded to eftpos/credit card.
If you will be parking on ECU grounds, please read our Lands and Traffic By-Laws prior to obtaining a parking permit.
- Purchasing of student parking permits is available online by credit card only. Your permit will be posted to you within seven working days.
- A vehicle must display the appropriate parking permit on the bottom left hand passenger corner of the windscreen so the number and year can be validated.
- Parking permits must be clearly visible, must not be defaced, altered or reproduced.
- Permits are issued for a specific person and a specific vehicle. Permits are not normally transferable.
- The granting of a parking permit does not entitle the permit holder to the use of any particular University parking area, only that as the authorised zone of the permit.
- The granting of a parking permit does not guarantee that a parking area will be available when required by a permit holder, nor does it guarantee location proximity.
- A note on the dashboard is not acceptable in place of a permit. If a permit holder is using a different vehicle to normal a temporary permit must be displayed.
- Forged permits are considered a serious offence and may impact on employment or enrolment status.
For any enquiries, contact Security and Traffic Services.