The Finance and Business Services Centre provides leadership in ECU financial matters and a range of services that deliver sound financial management, efficient processes and professional relationships in support of the University’s objectives.
The Centre ensures we operate with effective governance and financial integrity, delivering key services through the following teams:
- Finance teams – provide first point of contact for all financial queries from ECU’s eight Schools.
- Commercial and Investment Services – assists in the growth and diversification of ECU revenues;
- Business Services – manages ECU’s payroll, accounts payable, tenders, contracts and preferred suppliers;
- Enterprise Information Management – supports and develops ECU’s data warehouse and Cognos business intelligence system to facilitate optimal decision-making;
- Financial Services – performs the functions of financial and revenue accounting, tax management and capital reporting;
- Resource Planning – leads the development and execution of ECU’s budgets and income allocation; and
- Strategic Procurement – provides procurement-related services with an overall aim of seeking value for money and return on investment.