Submit a thesis
This page contains information on First Class Honours, Masters and Doctorate thesis submissions.
Submitting your thesis to the library
The Library provides access to your thesis in three ways:
A full electronic version of your thesis is loaded into the University’s records management system for archival purposes. This occurs for all theses. Access to the records management system is only available to ECU staff.
A full electronic copy is added to the Library catalogue. This copy can only be accessed by ECU staff and students.
An electronic copy will be added to Research Online to provide worldwide access to your thesis via the web. This will be done for all theses but you need to indicate the level of access you wish to provide on the Final Thesis submission form when sending in your thesis. To find out more about the issues you need to consider see our Thesis preparation page.
Submitting your completed thesis
Masters and Doctorate Students
Submit an electronic file of your completed thesis to Research Assessments by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org
First Class Honours Students
Contact your faculty office on how to submit your thesis.
- Microsoft Word or PDF for the main text component of your thesis
- No security placed on the files
- Create a single file for your thesis
- Supporting documents may be provided in alternative formats, for example Excel spreadsheets for raw data, movie files etc.
What to provide
- one full electronic copy
- an additional adjusted version if required for copyright or confidentiality issues
- a completed Final Thesis Submission Form outlining the level of access you are authorizing
- any copyright permissions you may have sourced
Need some assistance? Contact the Research Online team at email@example.com