The University Governance Unit provides corporate governance expertise and guidance across the
University, to function as the secretariat and executive support for University
Council, bodies reporting to Council and University Executive, and to provide
administrative support within the Strategic and Governance Services Centre.
The work of the University Governance Team includes:
- providing support and advice to the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor on governance; enhancing governance and compliance processes through high quality support to Council, Council Committees and Boards, and designated Vice-Chancellor’s committees;
- providing secretarial support to Academic Board and its sub-committees;
- managing amendments to the ECU Act and its subsidiary legislation;
- coordinating the policy and delegations frameworks to improve decision-making and accountability;
- enhancing communication with the student body through ongoing dialogue with the Student Guild on governance-related matters;
- coordinating student input into relevant decision-making forums;
- managing the elections processes; and
- providing training/professional development.