Statute 29 - Student Services and Amenities Fee provides the following:
(1) A committee to be known as the “Fees Allocation Committee” is to be established to make recommendations to the Council and the student Guild in respect of the appropriate allocation of the total amount of the fees estimated to be collected in the following year to some or all of the broad categories of expenditure specified in section 4(1).
(3) Before finalising its recommendations, the Committee shall consult with, in its discretion, any Service Providers and one or more other groups which represent special student interests or provide advice on the provision of amenities and services to Students, and the Service Providers and groups so consulted shall be specified in the Committee’s recommendations.
(4) The Committee may only make such recommendations as are approved unanimously by the Committee and, in the event that unanimity is not achieved in respect of the allocation of all of the Fees estimated to be collected in the following year, the Committee shall forward to the Council and the Student Guild a report detailing the recommendations which are unanimously made, the matters on which agreement has not been reached and the arguments presented by Committee members for and against the unresolved matters.
(5) The Committee shall submit its recommendations and any report to be made under section 5(4) to both the Council and the Student Guild by 31 July of each year.
(6) If the Fee allocation is not agreed in whole or in part by the Council and the Student Guild by 31 August of any year, the Committee may be requested in writing by either or both of the Council and the Student Guild to reconsider its recommendations and any matters in contention in whole or in part and to provide revised recommendations to the Council and the Student Guild on or before a specified date.
(7) As soon as practicable following the Council and the Student Guild’s receipt of the recommendations and any report from the Committee, and in any event no later than 30 September in each year, the Council and the Student Guild shall sign a document evidencing their agreement in respect of the allocation of the Fees estimated to be collected in the following year between any or all of the categories of amenities and services set out in section 4(1) (“Allocation Agreement”).
(8) In agreeing the terms of each Allocation Agreement, the Council and the Student Guild shall:
(a) adopt all recommendations made by the Committee unless otherwise agreed between the Student Guild and the Council;
(b) give due consideration to all matters set out in any report made by the Committee under section 5(4) (“Outstanding Matters”); and
(c) use their best endeavours to agree a mutually satisfactory resolution of any Outstanding Matters.
(9) Subject to this Statute, the Committee shall regulate its own proceedings.
See downloads for more information on the membership and meeting schedule of the Fees Allocation Committee.
To enquire about access to agendas and minutes from the Fees Allocation Committee please contact the Committee Secretary.
Fees Allocation Committee Secretary
Ms Kathryn Clarke
Senior Policy and Project Officer
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2109