The Office of Legal Services is ECU's internal legal office, providing a comprehensive legal service to the University. The primary role of the office is to ensure that ECU management and staff are well-advised and informed of legal requirements and issues to maximize the quality of decision-making and to protect our resources and reputation.
Our office can help with advice and opinion on a variety of legal issues, including:
- drafting and reviewing agreements and contracts;
- interpretation and advice on legislation affecting ECU;
- management of litigation, disputes and external complaints involving the University;
- intellectual property, copyright, patents and trademarks; and
- designing legal structures for ECU arrangements.
For general enquiries about our services, please contact:
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2016
For advice and assistance with intellectual property and copyright issues, please contact:
ECU Copyright Officer
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2458