Terms of Reference
- To maintain a model of governance at ECU which is guided by best practice and reflects Council’s commitment to continuous improvement in University governance.
- Advise Council on governance issues, including:
- the governance of the University, including its regulatory, policy and delegations frameworks;
- the operation of Council including the Corporate Governance Statement, the Standing Orders, the Code of Conduct for Council members and the operation and structure of Council Committees;
- the monitoring of Council’s and members’ performance and effectiveness review;
- Professional development of Council members and Council as a body.
- To recommend on criteria for the selection of appointed or co-opted members of Council and on procedures for the identification and selection of those members.
- To make decisions on matters delegated to the Committee by Council.
- To recommend to Council the names of persons for co-option by the Council.
- To recommend to Council on the appointment of the Chairs and members of Council’s standing committees.
- To recommend to Council on the development and maintenance of an induction program for new members of Council.
- To recommend to Council, in accordance with guidelines approved by Council, on the appropriate recognition of service of Council, Council Committee and Board Members.
Membership and meetings
See downloads for more information on the membership and meeting schedule of the Governance and Nominations Committee.
Agendas and minutes
To enquire about access to agendas and minutes from the Governance and Nominations Committee, please contact the Committee Secretary below.
Acting Manager, University Governance
Ms Kathryn Clarke
Governance and Nominations Committee Secretary
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2109