Conference papers in proceedings
Globalization, monetary integration and exchange rate regimes in East Asia
- Editors: De Grauwe, P., K. Sato and Z.Y. Zhang.
- All papers in these proceedings were refereed by at least one independent reviewer.
Session 1: Monetary integration: theory and practice
- 1.1 Lessons from the Eurozone crisis for East Asian monetary relations (PDF File, 13.3 MB)
Professor Paul DE GRAUWE, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
Session 2: Financial liberalization and financial crisis in East Asia
- 2.2 Revisiting the 1997 Asian financial crisis: a Copula Approach (PDF File, 244.3 KB)
by A.K. Tsui and Z.Y. Zhang.
- 2.1 Financial liberalization, financial constraints and political connections: evidence from Chinese firms (PDF File, 192.9 KB)
by K.S. Chan, V.Q.T Dang and I.K.M Yan.
Session 3: Globalization and exchange rate management in Japan
- 3.2 Using quantile regression to estimate capital buffer requirements for Japanese banks (PDF File, 855.3 KB)
by R. Powell.
- 3.1 Exchange rate risk management of Japanese firms: new findings from questionnaire survey (PDF File, 331.9 KB)
by T. Ito, S. Koibuchi, K. Sato and J. Shimizu.
Session 4: Regional trade integration and global economic crisis
- 4.3 Catalyst of business cycle synchronization in East Asia: internal or external (PDF File, 584.7 KB)
by T. Cheng, W.M. Chia and L.Y. Dou.
- 4.2 Individual preferences over trade partners in Taiwan (PDF File, 307.1 KB)
by C.F. Chiang.
- 4.1 Terms of trade movements and the global economic crisis: implications for the Asia-Pacific region (PDF File, 204.2 KB)
by H. Bloch and D. Sapsford.
Session 5: Economic and financial integration in East Asia
- 5.2 Financial market integration in the Greater China Region: A Multivariate Asymmetric Approach (PDF File, 817.5 KB)
by K.Y. Ho and Z.Y. Zhang.
- 5.1 Strategic foreign investments of Korea: horizontal or vertical FDI? (PDF File, 153.0 KB)
by Chan-Hyun SOHN.
Session 6: Economic integration and exchange rate regime in East Asia
- 6.2 Examining the existence of long-run relationships between East Asian economic integration and ASEAN tourism exports (PDF File, 289.9 KB)
by G. Yap.
- 6.1 On the real interest rate shock and exchange rate regime - evidence from East Asian economies (PDF File, 362.2 KB)
by Y. Zhang and W.M. Chia.
Session 7: Foreign trade and regional monetary arrangements in East Asia
- 7.2 The economic feasibility of an optimum currency area in East Asia (PDF File, 245.6 KB)
by S. G.M. Koh and G. H.Y. Lee.
- 7.1 On the optimal timing of foreign trade (PDF File, 298.4 KB)
by K.Y. Wong.
Session 8: Equilibrium exchange rate and policy in East Asia
- 8.3 Exogenous shocks and exchange rate regimes (PDF File, 571.4 KB)
by W.M. Chia, T.Y. Cheng and M.L. Li.
- 8.2 Vietnam’s exchange rate policy and implications for its foreign exchange market, 1986-2009 (PDF File, 220.4 KB)
by D.T. (Tom) Nguyen and D.T. Nguyen.
- 8.1 Equilibrium exchange rate of Asian currencies (PDF File, 383.0 KB)
by K. Sato, J. Shimizu, N. Shrestha and Z.Y. Zhang.
Session 9: Exchange values of Chinese RMB and currencies in East Asia
- 9.3 Evaluating currency convergence in East Asia (PDF File, 398.1 KB)
by L. Lim.
- 9.2 Currency appreciation in emerging Asia and trade deficit in the US (PDF File, 175.6 KB)
by X.H. Zhang.
- 9.1 Appreciating the Renminbi (PDF File, 400.5 KB)
by R. Tyers and Y. Zhang.
Session 10: The Chinese economy
- 10.3 The determinants of foreign direct investment in large developing countries (PDF File, 89.2 KB)
by A. Marks.
- 10.2 Rural labour reallocation and productivity growth in China (PDF File, 351.3 KB)
by F. Kwan, Y. Zhang and S.H. Zhuo.
- 10.1 The emergence and evolution of regional convergence clusters in China’s energy markets (PDF File, 666.0 KB)
by H.Y. Ma and L. Oxley.