Dr Megan Le Clus
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 2418|
|Mobile:||0409 083 224|
- Business Practicum (FBL3501)
A multidisciplinary background in sociology, adult learning and management affords unique opportunities for Dr Le Clus to investigate ways of improving the student experience in higher education. A combination of experiences has led Dr Le Clus to explore key issues in the integration of Work Integrated Learning into the business curriculum and ways of encouraging and developing University Community Engagement.
Dr Le Clus coordinates Work Integrated Learning and Engagement related activities in the Faculty of Business and Law.
- Graduate Diploma in Education (Tertiary and Adult);
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours.
- Engagement Australia
- Australian Collaborative Education Network (ACEN)
Awards and recognition
- 2012 - Vice Chancellor's Award for Engagement in Learning and Teaching, Edith Cowan University.
- 2010 - Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Service to Students, Edith Cowan University.
- 2010 - Faculty of Business and Law Research Award, Edith Cowan University.
- 2004 - Teaching Excellence Award, Edith Cowan University.
- 2003 - Recognition of Teaching Excellence, Curtin University.
- 1998 - Vice Chancellor’s Commendation for Academic Excellence, Murdoch University.
- Informal Learning in the Workplace
- Work Based Learning
- Work Integrated Learning
- University Community Engagement
- Research Ethics
- Narrative Inquiry in qualitative research
Current research areas
- University Community Engagement
- Work Integrated Learning
- 2012 – A review of University Community Engagement in Australia. Engagement Australia.
- 2011 - Partner Institution Leader - ‘Assessing the impact of Work Integrated Learning on student work readiness’. Australian Learning and Teaching Council.
- 2011 - Tracking and Measuring University Community Engagement. Australian Universities Community Engagement Alliance (AUCEA).
- 2010 - ‘Is this course right for me’? Bridging the gap between first year business students’ expectations and experiences. Teaching and Learning Grant, Faculty of Business and Law, ECU.
- 2010 - ‘Developing Work Integrated Learning. Special Learning and Teaching Grants Scheme, Centre for Learning and Development, ECU.
- 2010 - ‘Developing local and contextualised case studies to promote Internationalisation. Special Learning and Teaching Grants Scheme, Centre for Learning and Development, ECU.
- Le Clus, M. (2010). Affordances and constraints on informal learning in the workplace. VDM, Germany.
Refereed journal articles
- Le Clus, M. (2012).Tracking and Measuring Engagement: a review of the literature. Australasian Journal of University-Community Engagement, 7(1), pp. 21-38
- Le Clus, M. (2011). Informal learning in the workplace: a review of the Literature. Australian Journal of Adult Learning, 51(2), pp. 355-373.
- Sanders, D. & Le Clus, M. (2009). All wired up but not plugged in: an evaluation of tourism and leisure marketing students’ expectations and experiences of lecture podcasting. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 16, 94-101.
- Walker, E., Redmond, J., Webster, B., & Le Clus, M. (2007). Small business owners: too busy to train. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, 14(2), 294-306.
- Revitt, M. and Sanders, D. (2003). Tourism and Conservation on Lancelin Island. Journal of Ecotourism Special Edition, 1(2).
- Selwood, J., May A., and Revitt, M. (1998). Contested Notions of Tourism Sustainability on Western Australia’s Central Coast. In J. Umbelino, Sustainable Tourism, Lisboa.
- Le Clus, M. (2011). Three lenses of work integrated learning. Paper presented at the World Association for Cooperative Education (WACE) Conference, Philadelphia.
- Sanders, D. & Le Clus, M. (2011). Sustainability in the University Tourism Curriculum. Paper presented at the Council for Australian University Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE) Conference, Adelaide, Australia.
- Sanders, D. & Le Clus, M. (2010). Sustainability in the tourism curricula in Australian universities: beyond the rhetoric. Paper presented at the 19th Annual Teaching and Learning Forum, held at Edith Cowan University, 29-29 January 2010.
- Oliver, B., Hunt, L., Jones, S., Pearce, A., Hammer, S., & Le Clus, M. (2009). Benchmarking student achievement of graduate attributes and employability skills. Poster presented at the Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) West Australian Dissemination Forum, Curtin University, 10 November 2009.
- Sanders, D. & Le Clus, M. (2009). All wired up but not plugged in: an evaluation of students’ experience with podcasting. Poster presented at Eculture, Edith Cowan University, 5 November 2009.
- Oliver, B., Le Clus, M., Hunt, L., Hammer, S., Jones, S. & Pearce, A. (2009). Building course team capacity for Graduate Employability. Poster presented at the National Gap Symposia, Western Australia.
- Le Clus, M. & Volet, S. (2008). Affordances and constraints on informal learning in the workplace. Paper presented at the 11th International Conference on Experiential Learning Conference held on 8-12 December 2008 at the University of Technology Sydney.
- Le Clus, M., Smith, T., Walker, E., & Duse, S. (2006). Skill shortage or People Shortage. Paper presented at The Inaugural Women in Leadership Conference, Curtin University of Technology, Perth.
- Revitt, M. (2003). Workplace Learning and Social Capital. The Learning Conference, London.
- Sanders, D., Jones, R. & Revitt, M. (2003). Rural restructuring and tourism development: chimera or new hope for the Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, presented at the ‘Taking Tourism to the Limits’ conference, University of Waikato, New Zealand, December 2003.
- Taylor, R., Shortland-Webb, G. and Revitt, M. (2003). What differentiates wine festival visitors to everyday wine region tourists? The 9th Asia Pacific Tourism Association Conference, Sydney.
- Taylor, R., Shanka, T. & Revitt, M. (2003). Art Galleries as Leisure and Tourist Attractions. The 6th Biennial Conference for the Australian and New Zealand Association for Leisure Studies, Sydney, Australia.
- Macbeth, J., Burn, L., Chandler, L., Revitt, M. and Veitch, S. (2002). Community as Tourism Object: Associated Disciplinary Understanding. 12th International Research Conference of the Council for Australian University Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE), Fremantle, Western Australia.
- Selwood, J., May A., and Revitt, M. (1998). Holiday Squatters in Western Australia: Contested Heritage or Illegal Bludgers? International Conference of Historical Geographers, Ulster.
- Selwood, J., May A., and Revitt, M. (1998). Contested Notions of Tourism Sustainability on Western Australia’s Central Coast. International Geographical Union of Sustainable Tourism Study Group, Estoril.
- Le Clus, M. (2011). TaME: Tracking and Measuring Engagement. A Review of the Literature. A Report for the Australian Universities Community Engagement Alliance (AUCEA).
- Revitt, M. & Sanders, D. (2001). Tourism and Conservation on Lancelin Island: A Report on visitor usage of Lancelin Island Reserve in Western Australia. Report requested by the Department for Conservation and Land Management (CALM), Western Australia.