ECU Business Icon competitors. From left to right - Ben Smith (2010 winner), Maeva Heim (2012 competitor), Rick Hart (2012 judge), Rebecca Olsen (2009 winner), Ben Hamer (2009 runner up).
Business Icon® is an Australian young leader’s competition that brings together top business leaders and university students to bridge the gap between education and employment. The competition is based on a number of reality TV concepts all rolled into one including The Apprentice and Dragons Den.
Applicants go through a selection process to take part, the competition starting with 40 competitors. Contestants are eliminated after a series of tasks with the final four presenting to a panel of judges and audience of 300 people.
Judges have included:
- Peter Alexander, Fashion Designer & Founder of Peter Alexander Sleepwear
- Annie Austin, Consultant at Spencer Stuart
- Jordan Green, Chairman at Australian Association of Angel Investors Ltd
- Tracey Hodgkins, CEO, The Australian Experiential Learning Centre (AELC)
- Linda Brown, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Director TAFE, Swinburne University
- Melina Schamroth, Social entrepreneur, motivational speaker, author
- David Shafer, Executive Director of Kogan
- Johan Berg, Managing Director of L’Oreal, Australia and New Zealand
- Tania de Jong AM, Founder Creative Universe, Creativity Australia and Creative Innovation Global
- Peter Gardiner, Head of Origination, Corporate Bank
- Rick Hart, Entrepreneur & Executive Chairman of Kitchen Headquarters
- Richard Goyder, Managing Director, Wesfarmers Ltd.
- James Pearson, Chief Executive Officer, Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA.
2010 WA Business Icon winner
Ben Smith, ECU graduate.
2009 WA Business Icon winner
Rebecca Olsen from the Faculty of Business and Law, ECU.
More informationContact Janet Simmons
Workplace Opportunities Coordinator
Phone: (61 8) 6304 5970