Centre for Innovative Practice
Although innovation in the past has often been associated with new product development the term innovation can include approaches to developing new and better services, better operational execution through improved processes and better understanding of customers and markets. It is this broader view of innovation within the professions and organisations that is the focus of the centre.
- To integrate and develop existing research aligned to innovative practice under one unit.
- To support junior researchers through mentoring and collaborative projects.
- To develop an international network of researchers related to innovative practice.
- Collaborate on external funding opportunities.
- Develop links with organisations and professional bodies.
- Host visiting academics, conferences and research workshops and seminars.
- Involve research students via workshops and seminars.
ExpertiseThe Centre for Innovative Practice (CIP) draws upon expertise from across the Faculty of Business and Law. Areas of specific interest include but are not limited to networks and innovation, the use of information technology in innovation, personal innovation and its relationship with organisational innovation, innovation in tourism, innovative research processes and corporate social responsibility.
The CIP welcomes discussions with industry and government and the development of joint projects.