Small and Medium Enterprise Research Centre
The Small and Medium Enterprise Research Centre (SMERC) promotes and encourages research into Australian small and medium-sized businesses. The Centre has developed strong links and collaborations with other educational institutions, industry, the business community and all three tiers of government through support, participation in and facilitation of business related activities.
SMERC is engaged in both research and program delivery in the area of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and is recognised nationally and internationally for research that has produced outcomes of significant value to academia and practice.
Research projects and expertise are in the areas of:
- Small business
- Environmental issues
- Business growth and development
- Family business
- Strategic planning in small business
- Home-based business
- Education and Training
SMERC is currently undertaking the following research projects:
- Superannuation in small business
- Environmental management education for small and medium sized enterprises
- Environmental management in small and medium enterprises
- Home-based businesses - management and strategy
SMERC also seeks to engage collaboratively with international researchers that are interested in small and medium enterprise practice to achieve outcomes that will have global impact.
Professor Beth Walker
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5282