The Faculty of Business and Law is committed to expanding its local, national and international research links. Our researchers work in collaboration with businesses, other Universities, industry bodies and government on innovative applied and theoretical research studies.
- Professor Craig Standing is working on an Australian Research Council funded project “Improving organisational innovation using social media” with a colleague from Texas A&M International University.
- Professor Grant Michelson serves on the international research advisory board of EADA Business School in Barcelona.
- Visiting Professor Premilla D’Cruz from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is working with Associate Professor Maryam Omari on cross-cultural understandings of workplace bullying.
- Visiting Professor Raymond Corrado from Simon Fraser University, Canada presented public lectures/seminars on youth justice, as well as shared his expertise with staff and research students.
- Associate Professor Robert Powell is collaborating with international partner investigators from Erasmus University, the Netherlands, University of Southampton and University of Oxford, UK on an ARC Discovery project “New methods for modelling and forecasting risk”.
- Dr Margaret Giles is a member of the Meta-Analysis in Economics Research Network (MAER-Net) and was the Chair of the 2012 MAER-Net Colloquium in Perth and is on the organising committee of the 2013 Colloquium to be held at Greenwich University in September.
- Associate Professor Zhaoyong Zhang is working on “Modelling foreign exchange rate exposure in China and Japan” with colleagues from the National University of Singapore and Yokohama National University (Japan).
- The Sellenger Centre is collaborating with Professor Ray Bull from the University of Leicester on a range of research projects.
- In 2012-2013, early career researchers visited and collaborated with colleagues at the University of Waikato, Auckland University of Technology, Kingston University, Cardiff University, the University of Manchester, and the British University in Dubai.
- Professor Craig Standing is a member of the Australian Research Council College of Experts.
- Finance researchers are involved with the Securities Industry Research Centre, an Australia wide centre researching in a wide range of areas related to securities markets, financial services and the managed funds industry and well as the Financial Integrity Research Network, a collaboration of 12 Australian universities, research centres, industry and government representatives.
- The Australian Institute of Criminology is a research partner on the Drug Use Monitoring Australia project, co-ordinated by Dr Natalie Gately.
- Numerous colleagues are involved in projects involving Australian National University, Deakin University, Flinders Law School, Griffith University, Monash University, University of Melbourne, University of Sydney, and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology.
- Associate Professor Maryam Omari is a member of the Australian Human Resources Institute research advisory panel.
- The Sellenger Centre is collaborating with Professor Don Thomson from Deakin University on a range of research projects.
- Associate Professor Pam Henry is working with Mission Australia.
- Dr Margaret Giles is working with the Department of Justice in Victoria regarding comparative analysis of ex-prisoner outcomes.
- The Australian Mines and Metals Association works closely with Dr Sue Bahn in the area of occupational health and safety.” project.
- The Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention and Central Institute of Technology are partners on the “Designing, developing and testing a hazard identification tablet application to address organisational risk blindness” project.
- Professor Ross Dowling is a member of a number of bodies including: board member, RAC Perth; chair, steering committee, Great South West Edge National Landscape; chair, Cruise Western Australia Committee; commissioner, Conservation Commission of Western Australia; member, geotourism sub-committee, Geological Society of Australia.
- Strong links have been formed with the Western Australian Police Service, WA Department of Corrective Services, Office of the Inspector of Custodial Services, WA Fisheries Department, local governments, including the Cities of Joondalup, Wanneroo, Swan, Armadale and Gosnells.
- Professor Rowena Barrett was appointed by the WA Parliament to the Women’s Advisory Council.
- Members of the Faculty collaborate with local educational institutions such as Curtin University, Murdoch University, Notre Dame University, and the University of Western Australia.
- Our business partners include Alcoa, Bank West, and the Government Employees Superannuation Board. Not-for-profit partners include Silver Chain, MS Society, the Development Disability Council, and the WA Chapter of the Australian Institute of Project Management.
- Dr Margaret Giles is the ECU representative on the committee of the Economics Society of Australia (WA) and served on its organising committee for the 2013 Conference of Economists.
- Dr Susanne Bahn is on the Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP) Advisory Board. IFAP delivers training in health and safety across Australia.
- Dr Helen Sitlington is vice-president (professional development) in the WA state council of the Australian Human Resources Institute.