The requirements of innovative practices in the WA resources sector
This research project investigates a range of topics across the WA resources sector. Six sub-projects, each with an inter-disciplinary team based approach, are detailed below. A scoping study is included to explore further avenues of research and collaboration with industry.
See below for details on each project.
- A review of the potential for improvement in resource sector productivity via prophetic economic management and increased collaboration - a scoping study.
- Fly into work; Fly out to Bali: An exploration of the leisure travel behaviour of FIFO workers in Western Australia.
- Innovation in resource sector small firms and workers on temporary 457 visas.
- Job design and employee innovation in the resources sector.
- Skill shortages in the WA resource sector: carving out a future for indigenous ex-prisoners.
- Sustainability report assurance in the resources industry.
- Dr Ann-Claire Larsen
- Prof Craig Standing
- Dr Dale Sanders
- Dr Denise Gengatharen
- Dr Denise Jackson
- Dr Ghialy Yap
- Dr Greg Willson
- Prof Hadrian Djajadikerta
- Mr Krishna Prasad
- Dr Margaret Giles
- Dr Pattanee Susomrith
- Dr Richard Fulford
- Prof Ross Dowling
- Prof Rowena Barrett
- Dr Susanne Bahn
- Dr Yuliani Suseno
- Dr Zubaidah Ismail
Faculty of Business and Law, Strategic Research Funding, $50,000.
- October 2012 - October 2013.