Ms Linda Riebe
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 6304 2289, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Joondalup, Room: JO2.357
|Telephone:||(61 8) 6304 2289|
Ms Linda Riebe is a Lecturer in the School of Business in the Faculty of Business and Law. Linda is the ECU Business Edge Program Coordinator and Foundations of Business Leadership Unit Coordinator.
- BES5100 Foundations of Business Knowledge
- Master of Education (Edith Cowan University)
- Graduate Certificate of Tertiary Teaching (Edith Cowan University)
- Bachelor of Arts (Education) (Murdoch University)
- Bachelor of Professional Studies (Murdoch University)
Awards and recognition
- 2012 Most Outstanding Reviewer - Education + Training Journal (Emerald Literati)
- 2011 Dean’s Award for Quality Publication in Journals
- 2011 Most Outstanding Reviewer - Education + Training Journal (Emerald Literati)
- 2010 Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2009 Vice Chancellor's Award for Engagement (BE Team)
- 2009 FBL Dean’s Award for Innovation in Teaching & Learning
- 1996 Vice Chancellor’s Commendation for Academic Excellence
Research areas and interests
- Rubric use in the assessment of employability skills
- Employability skills and industry engagement
- Employability skill teaching and learning and assessment
- Student-centred/active learning
Recent research grants
- 2012 - The development of industry-aligned rubrics for assessing employability skills in business undergraduates. Faculty of Business and Law, Teaching and Learning Grant.
- 2011 - Auditing employability skill development in business undergraduates. Faculty of Business and Law, Teaching and Learning Grant.
- 2010 - Sustainability of Business Edge Blackboard Sites. Faculty of Business and Law, Teaching and Learning Grant.
- Riebe, L. & Jackson, D. (in press). The use of rubrics in benchmarking and assessing employability skills. Journal of Management Education.
- Jackson, D., Riebe, L. & Sibson, R. (in press). Working effectively with others: Developing a critical skill in Business graduates. Education + Training.
- Jackson, D., Sibson, R. & Riebe, L. (2013). Delivering work-ready business graduates - keeping our promises and evaluating our performance. Journal of Teaching and Learning for Graduate Employability. 4(1).
- Riebe, L., Sibson, R., Roepen, D. & Meakins, K. (2013). Industry guest speaker impact on business student perceptions of the development of employability skills. Industry and Higher Education. 27(1).
- Riebe, L., Roepen, D., Santarelli, B. & Marchioro, G. (2010). Teamwork: Effectively teaching an employability skill. Education + Training. 52(6/7).
- Riebe, L., Sibson, R. & Jackson D. (2012). Working effectively with others: student perceptions of employability skill development in an undergraduate business degree. Proceedings of Higher Education Research and Student Learning Conference, Melbourne University, 10-12 December, 2012.
- Riebe, L., Sibson, R., Roepen, D. & Meakins, K. (2012). Perceptions and expectations of undergraduate business students of industry guest speakers in an employability skills program. Proceedings of e-Culture Conference, Edith Cowan University, 7 November, 2012.
- Riebe, L., Van Eeden, J. & Jackson, A. (2010). Standardisation and sustainability of Business Edge Blackboard sites. Poster presentation. e-Culture Conference, Edith Cowan University, 5 November, 2010.
- Jackson, D., Sibson, R. & Riebe, L. (2010). Updating employability skills frameworks: an Australian case study. Proceedings of e-Culture Conference, Edith Cowan University, 5 November, 2010.
- Riebe, L., Roepen, D. & Santarelli, B. (2010). Getting the teamwork Edge: Sustaining skills of future employability. Proceedings of the Teaching and Learning Forum 2010, Edith Cowan University, 28 January, 2010.
- Riebe, L., Roepen, D. & Santarelli, B. (2009). Surviving teamwork: Engaging in the process to develop and sustain a key employability skill. Proceedings of e-Culture Conference, Edith Cowan University, 5 November, 2009.
- Omari, M., Riebe, L., Santarelli, B., Scott. G. & Torgasheva, S. (2009). Tracking our business graduates. Presented at Engaging with Research@ECU Industry Event, 20 August, 2009.
- Fuller, T., Riebe, L., Santarelli, B. & Scott, G. (2009). Business Edge breathes life into graduate attributes.