Mr Mohammad Nur-E-Alam
Design and Fabrication of Nano-Engineered Magnetic Photonic Crystal Structures
Mohammad’s research interests are in the areas of design and fabrication of photonic nanostructures, magneto-optic (MO) materials (rare-earth and bismuth–doped iron garnet compounds) and their fabrication and characterization technology. Nano-structured MPCs are capable of controlling the propagation of light waves as they possess very high Faraday rotation and excellent optical transmission in either the visible or the near infrared spectral regions. Magnetic nanostructures can be used in MO visualization, ultra-fast optical switching and polarization control applications.
Mohammad Nur-E-Alam received a BSc(Hons) and MSc(Physics) in 2003 and 2005 respectively, from the University of Chittagong, Bangladesh.
After completing his MSc, he worked as a lecturer of Physics at the School of Engineering and Computer Science (SECS) at the Independent University Bangladesh (IUB), Bangladesh, until July 2008.
Refereed Journal Articles
- M. Vasiliev, M. Nur-E-Alam, V.A. Kotov, K. Alameh, V.I. Belotelov, V.I. Burkov, and A.K. Zvezdin, “RF magnetron sputtered (BiDy)3(FeGa)5O12:Bi2O3 composite materials possessing record magneto-optic quality in the visible spectral region,” Opt. Express, 17(22), 19519-19535 (2009).
- M. Nur-E-Alam, M. Vasiliev, and K. Alameh, “Nano-structured magnetic photonic crystals for magneto-optic polarization controllers at the communication-band wavelengths,” Optical and Quantam Electronics, DOI: 10.1007/s11082-010-9374-2, 2010.
- M. Nur-E-Alam, M. Vasiliev, and K. Alameh, “Novel Thin-film Garnet Materials for Magneto-Optic Device Applications,” in Proceedings/PEECS2009_ECU. WA. 2009.
- M. Nur-E-Alam, M. Vasiliev, K. Alameh and V.A. Kotov, “RF-sputtered Bi-substituted iron garnet composite films for visible-range magnetooptics” Proc. of SPIE-OSA-IEEE Asia Communications and Photonics, Proc. SPIE 7631, 76311F-1 (2009).
- M. Nur-E-Alam, M. Vasiliev, and K. Alameh, “Nano-structured magnetic photonic crystals for magneto-optic polarization controllers at the communication-band wavelengths,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Numerical Simulation of Optoelectronic devices NUSOD 2009, Gwangju, Korea, Sept 2009.
- V. A. Kotov, V. I. Burkov, M. Vasiliev, M. Nur-E-Alam, K. Alameh, D. E. Balabanov, V. I. Belotelov, V. G. Shavrov, K.A. Zvezdin, “Sputtered bismuth iron garnet composite films with record magnetooptical quality and uniaxial magnetic anisotropy,” in Proc. International Conference on Functional Materials (ICFM 2009), Partenit, Crimea, Ukraine, 5-10 Oct, 2009.
- M. Nur-E-Alam, M. Vasiliev, K. Alameh and V. Kotov, “RF-sputtered Bi-substituted iron garnet composite films for visible-range magnetooptics,” in Proc. Asia Communications and Photonics Conference ACP 2009, Shanghai, China, 2-6 Nov. 2009.
Mr Mohammad Nur-E-Alam
Joondalup Campus: Building 8, Room 8.118
Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5146