Young Onset Group
The Young Onset Group (or YOG for short) is a support group for people with Parkinson’s who were diagnosed before the age of 55.
This YOG-2007 group are a dynamic, positive, group that first met in February 2006 with 10 interested people and has now grown to over 40 members.
The group meets bimonthly at 2pm on The Niche. Meeting dates are:
- 27 January 2012 - Michelle Marneweck will give a presentation on her research that is investigating how people with Parkinson's perceive emotions on other people's faces;
- 25 March 2012 - Mystery activity;
- 27 May 2012 - Presentation to Maria Albertsen of the ParkC Student Research Excellence Award which was established by the YOGs. Maria will also give a short presentation on the research that she is conducting;
- 29 July 2012 - Brenda Matthews, CEO of Parkinson's WA;
- 9 September 2012 - Unity Walk;
- 10 November 2012 - ParkC's 5th Annual Open Day (special guest speakers to be announced); and
- 26 November 2012 - Christmas Function.
For more information or if you would like to attend a YOG meeting, contact Parkinson’s WA on (08) 9346 7373.
For an idea of the diversity and fun that can be had at a meeting, see our meetings web page.