Associate Professor Norman Shanks
Adjunct Associate Professor
Norman has served as a leading industry representative on the following International and Government Aviation Security Committees:
- 1991-1997: Airports Council International (ACI) Aviation Security Standing Committee (ASSC)
- 1996-1997: ACI ASSC Chairman
- ACI /IATA Security Working Group – Chairman
- ACI – ASSC Checked Baggage Screening Task Force
- ECAC Security Working Group (SWG) – ACI–Europe representative
- ECAC SWG Technical Sub Group –ACI–Europe representative
- ICAO – Advisor to ACI delegate
- UK National Aviation Security Committee (NASC)
- UK NASC Technical sub committee
- UK NASC Training sub committee
- UK Physical Standards Working Group
- Hong Kong Aviation Security Committee
- ACI-Europe Aviation Security Committee,
- ACI World Level Aviation Security Standing Committee,
- ACI World Level Security Committee Liaison to ACI Cargo Sub Committee
- Subject Matter Expert for the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) on technical mission requests from member states.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Shanks, N., (2011), Air Cargo Security. Aviation Security : Challenges and Solutions, 219-232, Hong Kong.
- Shanks, N., (2011), Hold Baggage Screening. Aviation Security: Challenges and Solutions, 121-132, Hong Kong.