Associate Professor Paul Lieber
Adjunct Associate Professor
Dr. Lieber maintains an active client list of consulting projects across a number of vertical industries. Examples of this work include comprehensive communication strategy and online vendor management for Lake Marion Resort Community, a premier vacation villa property in Kissimmee, Florida. He guided the company to exclusive marketing agreements with some of the world’s leading travel sites, including Orbitz, Priceline.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com. More recently, Lieber served as a Learning Expert and Marketing Director for Durham, NC-based Virtual Heroes, a video game company dedicated to simulations for learning in healthcare, biotech and defence environments.
At Hilary Kaye Associates -- a Southern California-based marketing communications firm specializing in emerging growth clients -- Lieber steered the complete public relations and financial communications strategies for V source, an international business process outsourcing organization servicing Fortune 500 clientele. This included execution of the company’s complete investor relations, public relations, corporate communications and overall marketing strategies. Additionally, Lieber performed all public relations functions for San Diego-based Advanced Marketing Services, a global book publishing and distribution organization for the world’s wholesale clubs. During his account tenure, Advanced Marketing Services saw its stock nearly double in value.
This was accompanied by the company being named to the S&P Small Cap 600 Index as well as its listing as a ‘Top 50 Growth Stock’ in both Business Week and USA Today. He drove the re-launch associated with San Jose, CA-based Datalink.net, a publicly traded, B2C wireless infrastructure and architecture company, to its new entity as Semotus Solutions, an enterprise, B2B focused organization. Lieber guided the corporate communications, public relations and investor relations strategies and campaigns for the Company and its four subsidiaries, including Semotus' re-enlisting on the AMEX.
He was responsible for all written content within the organization, including the company's entire website, marketing collateral, press releases, financial communication documents and all related communication. Prior to Semotus Solutions, he served as a Senior Account Associate at Neale-May & Partners, a hi-tech Public Relations agency based out of California's Silicon Valley (Palo Alto, CA), Lieber worked with nine clients in a range of various technologies including VoIP, eCRM, mobile security, broadband, electronic auction, UNIX and S390 servers and storage, electronic promotions, and digital broadcasting.
He was the account lead responsible for the daily activities and successful re-launch of Amdahl Technology Division, a 30-year old, Silicon Valley-based, multi-billion corporation, to its new entity as Fujitsu Technology Solutions, Inc. Native to strategic communication environments, Lieber worked in a journalistic, broadcasting or managerial role in every form of media, including print, Internet, radio and television. In addition, he has four years of award-winning University instructional and research experience, having taught the entire gamut of strategic communication curriculum ranging from introductory to advanced doctoral.
Awards and Recognition
University and National Teaching Awards
- 2007: Mortar Board for Excellence in Teaching and Service, University of South Carolina
- 2002-2005: Doctoral Student Research/Teaching Assistantship, Louisiana State University
- 1999-2000: Graduate Student Research/Teaching Assistantship, Iowa State University
National and International Research Positions
- 2006: Faculty Advancement Fund Grant Recipient, Emerson College
- 2007: Richland County (SC) Reserve Deputy Sheriff
- 2007: Participant, Richland (SC) School District II Career Fair
- 2006: Winner, Speaking out for Mental Health, American Psychiatric Association
- 2006: Facilitator, Boston Citywide Dialogues on Race, Emerson College
- 2005: Graduate Fellow, American Academy of Political and Social Science
- 1999: William Kershner Scholarship Award Winner, Iowa State University. Awarded to graduate students who focus their study on the communication of science and technology.
- 1998: Golden Key National Honor Society, Syracuse University
- 1997-1998: University 100, Syracuse University. Recognized as one of the University’s Top 100 student representatives.
- 1996: WBCR Radio Excellence in Service Award, Brooklyn College
- 1995-1996: Brooklyn College Scholars Program, Brooklyn College