Mr Tim Scully
Tim has extensive experience in working with Defence and the intelligence community producing intelligence and security product and services across government and selected industries. He has significant experience in change management and leading large, complex organisations.
- CEO stratsec and Head of Cyber Security at BAE Systems Australia
- Assistant Secretary Information Security Operations & Head Cyber Security Operations Centre in the Department of Defence
- Head of Defence Security Authority (HDSA)/Assistant Secretary Security Operations in the Department of Defence
- Director General Support to Military Operations in Defence
- Assistant Secretary (Intelligence) Analysis & Production at the Department of Defence
- Member RMIA
- Member AISA
Research Areas and Interests
- Established and led the Australian Government’s Cyber Security Operations Centre DSD.
- Led the Australian Government’s cyber security operational response capability, Cyber Security Policy, CCRA Certifying Authority and Cryptographic Services.
- As HDSA, Principal Security Advisor to the Secretary of Defence and Chief of the Defence Force, led the One DSA program, a major change management task to re-establish DSA as the leading authority on security, and overhauling of Defence’s personnel security vetting capability.
- Led the restructure of DSD’s support to military operations capability to meet ADF requirements in Afghanistan.
- Established and led DSD’s Analysis & Production Branch through one of DSD’s most demanding and successful periods to counter terrorism by initiating and implementing the Target Management Concept.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Scully, T., (2011), The Cyber threat, trophy information and the fortress mentality. Journal of Business Continuity & Emergency Planning, 5(3), 195-207, United Kingdom.