Professor Lynne Cohen
Executive Dean/PVC Engagement (Communities)
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 93706459, Mobile: 0417 956 607, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Campus: Mount Lawley, Room: ML3.123
|Telephone:||(61 8) 93706459|
|Mobile:||0417 956 607|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 93706664|
- Higher Education Diploma, South Africa .
- Doctorate, Edith Cowan University, 1999 .
- Master of Psychology, Edith Cowan University, 1996 .
- Bachelor of Psychology, Edith Cowan University, 1994 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), UNKNOWN, 1972 .
- BSc (Bachelor of Science), South Africa, 1971 .
Recent Research Grants
- Investigating resource sharing in regional Higher Education and TAFE institutions to improve student learning experience, University of South Australia, Seed Grant, Office of Learning and Teaching, 2012 - 2013, $49,000.
- Building leadership capacity in undergraduate students, Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations, Novated ALTC Fellowship, 2010 - 2012, $99,960.
- Coalface Subject Co-ordinators the Missing Link to Building Leadership Capacities in the Academic Supply Chain, Office for Learning and Teaching, OLT - Grant (pre-2013), 2009 - 2010, $54,032.
- Family Relationship Centre - Joondalup (North Metropolitan Family Relationship Centre Consortium, Anglicare WA, Grant, 2006 - 2011, $120,000.
- Scale Development: Individual and Family Resilience, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2010 - 2011, $29,558.
- Mandurah Family Relationship Centre, Anglicare WA, Grant, 2007 - 2011, $4,000.
- Resilience: What is it and what are the Skills used by Families Affected by Mental Illness?, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2008 - 2009, $55,466.
- Playgroup WA Inc.-Brain and Emotional Development in the Early Years Workshops, Playgroup WA, Grant, 2008 - 2009, $20,880.
- Clarkson Parenting Place Project Evaluation, City of Wanneroo, Grant, 2008 - 2009, $4,550.
- At the end of the day I just want my kids to be happy at school! Personality, physical appearance and young children's happiness, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2007 - 2009, $4,946.
- Promoting the Uptake of Reusable ICT-based Learning Designs, Office for Learning and Teaching, OLT - Fellowship (pre-2013), 2007 - 2008, $90,000.
- Evaluation of Falls Linkage Independence Program, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2008, $14,400.
- A suicide Prevention and Education Programme for Undergraduate University students, Department of Health, Grant, 2002 - 2005, $14,610.
- Health and wellbeing assets map City of Joondalup, City of Joondalup, Grant, 2004, $12,500.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., O'Connor, M., (2010), Indicators of Community Resilience: A Study of Communities Facing Impending Natural Disasters., 256, Germany.
- Ferguson, C., Cohen, L., Pooley, JA., Guilfoyle, A., (2012), The Theory of Planned Behaviour (TPB) and speeding behaviour of young drivers. In Advances in Traffic Psychology, 149-156, London.
- Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., (2012), A Team Teaching Approach to Teaching Undergraduate Psychology. Teaching Psychology around the World: Volume 3, 42-54, London, UK.
- Pike, L., Cohen, L., Pooley, JA., (2008), Australian Approaches to Understanding and Building Resilience in At Risk Populations. Resilience in Children and Youth, 264-288, Toronto.
- Ferguson, C., Harms, C., Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., Tomlinson, S., (2012), Crime Prevention: The Role of Individual Resilience within the Family. Psychiatry Psychology and Law, 1-8, Oxon, UK, DOI: 10.1080/13218719.2012.707971.
- Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., O'Connor, M., O'Conner, M., Taylor, M., (2012), Posttraumatic stress and posttraumatic growth and their relationship to coping and self-efficacy in Northwest Australian Cyclone communities. Psychological Trauma , 2012(30 April), 1-8, DOI: 10.1037a0028046.
- Soto, R., Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., Taylor, M., (2012), Students with ASD in mainstream primary education settings: Teachers' experiences in Western Australian classrooms. Austalasian Journal of Special Education, 36(2), 97-111, DOI: 10.1017/jse.2012.10.
- Cohen, L., Dean, J., Gridley, H., Hogea, R., Robinson, K., Sampson, E., Sibbel, A., Turner, C., (2012), Lobbying for endorsement of community psychology in Australia. Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice, 3(2), 1-14, Greensboro, NC.
- O'Brien, K., Cohen, L., Pooley, JA., Taylor, M., (2012), Lifting the domestic cloak of silence: Resilient Australian women's reflected memories of their childhood experiences of witnessing domestic violence. Journal of Family Violence, 28(1), 95-108, DOI: 10.1007/s10896-012-9484-7.
- Cohen, L., Chang, P., Hendricks, J., Cope, V., Harman, B., (2011), Enhancing psychology students' experiences: The development of an undergraduate leadership programme. Psychology Learning and Teaching, 10(2), 164-169, DOI: 10.2304/plat.2011.10.2.164.
- Cohen, L., Ferguson, C., Harms, C., Pooley, JA., Tomlinson, S., (2011), Family systems and mental health issues: A resilience approach. Journal of Social Work Practice, 25(1), 109-125, DOI: 10.1080/02650533.2010.533754.
- Cohen, L., Pooley, JA., Ferguson, C., Harms, C., (2011), Psychologists? understanding of resilience: implications for the discipline of psychology and psychology practice. The Australian Community Psychologist, 23(2), 7-22.
- Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., (2010), Resilience: A Definition in Context. The Australian Community Psychologist, 22(1), 30-37.
- Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., O'Connor, M., (2010), Bushfire Communities and Resilience: What can they tell us?. Australian Journal of Emergency Management, 25(2), 33-38, Canberra.
- Cohen, L., Chang, P., Pooley, JA., Pike, L., (2008), A holistic approach to establishing an effective learning environment for psychology. Psychology Learning and Teaching, 7(1), 12-18, United Kingdom.
- Brooks, D., Corkill, J., Pooley, JA., Cohen, L., Ferguson, C., Harms, C., (2010), National security: A propositional study to develop resilience indicators as an aid to personnel vetting. Proceedings of the 3rd Australian Security and Intelligence Conference, 35-43, Perth.
- Ferguson, C., Cohen, L., Pooley, JA., Guilfoyle, A., (2009), Elicitiing the beliefs of young drivers about driving risks: An analysis of two methodologies. Proceedings of the 2009 Australasian Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference : Smarter, Safer Directions, 826-838, Sydney, New South Wales.
Research Student Supervision
- Doctor of Philosophy, Improving Community Water Conservation Behaviour In Chachoengsao, Thailand.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Experiences Of Anglo-burmese Migrants In Perth, Western Australia: A Substantive Theory Of Marginalisation, Adaptation And Community..
- Doctor of Psychology, The Relationship Between Residential Satisfaction, Sense Of Community, Sense Of Belonging And Sense Of Place In Western Australia Urban Planned Community..
- Doctor of Psychology, Life Transition Of Becoming A University Student.
- Doctor of Philosophy, The Transition Experience To Boarding School For Male Aboriginal Secondary School Students From Regional And Remote Communities Across Western Australia.
- Doctor of Philosophy, An Exploration Of The Relationship Between Attitudes To Driving And Driving Behaviour In Young Novice Drivers..
- Doctor of Philosophy, An Exploration Of The Construction Of Resilience In A Western Australian Context..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Individual Adaptation To Discontinuous Employment For Australian Workers: A Longitudinal Mixed Method Study.
- Doctor of Psychology, Adapting To Change: An Exploration Of Students' Transition Experiences In A Senior College In Western Australia..
- Doctor of Philosophy, A Comparison Of Anxiety, Stress & Depression, Across The Perinatal Period, In Women Pregnant With Twins & Singletons..
- Doctor of Philosophy, Rejected By The Family For Being Lesbian And Gay: Exploring And Testing Factors That Contribute To Resilience..
- Doctor of Philosophy, An Exploration Of The Social Construction Of Ageing Based On Lived Experiences: Perspectives From The Western Australian And Welsh Community.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Evidence From The Survivors: Factors Affecting Retention Of Undergraduate Psychology Students At A Western Australian University And Implications For Cultural Change Within Higher Education.