From Graduation to Transformation
Monday, 03 December 2012
2012 SCA Graduate Show - Transformers
This year's graduation show, entitled Transformers, opened on the evening of Tuesday, 27 November to a large and diverse crowd who’d gathered in anticipation. The weather was perfect as guests enjoyed a wide variety of works from Design, Visual Arts, Photomedia, Fashion and Film & Video students.
The event was an opportunity for graduating students to celebrate their time at university by showcasing their best work to parents, fellow students, the arts industry and potential employers.
ECU’s Head of School of Communication and Arts Professor, Clive Barstow, was incredibly proud and happy with the night, having this to say about the work on show.
“ECU’s communication and arts students are unbelievably talented, producing work that is of an exceptionally high standard.
This exhibition was not only a chance to showcase up and coming talent, but also gives students a chance to take the next step in their career, gaining them invaluable experience by taking part in a professional exhibition.”
The shows will officially conclude on December 14 with the fashion show Blunder, which brings the sophistication and glamour of the catwalk to ECU’s very own campus. The students’ designs - worn by models - will be accompanied by photos, videos, performances and music, bringing the work to life in one non-stop celebration of fashion at ECU’s Spectrum Project Space.
A full list of the shows is below:
- Blunder – presented by ECU’s fashion students and curated by Justine McKnight and Christopher Fitzallen;
- The Fine Cut – presented by ECU’s film and video students;
- New View – presented by ECU’s design students and curated by Stuart Medley, Alun Price and Jo Jung;
- Things as They Are – presented by ECU’s photomedia students and curated by Max Pam and Paul Godfrey; and
- Unbridled – presented by ECU’s visual arts students and curated by Gregory Pryor.