Social Justice Research Centre Engaging with Research@ECU
Friday, 20 August 2010
Centre members at Research Week
More than 200 guests from government and industry celebrated the launch of ECU’s inaugural Research Week at the Engaging with Research@ECU event in August 2009.
Held at the Burswood Entertainment Complex, the event showcased the depth and breadth of research being undertaken at ECU, and provided researchers and other staff the opportunity to meet and network with current and potential industry partners.
The Social Justice Research Centre had a great showing, with Professor S. Caroline Taylor featuring in the DVD presentation, the unveiling of the Centre’s new banner, and the display of eight posters. These included:
- Gender, status and empowerment: A study among women who work in Sri Lanka's Export Processing Zones (EPZs) (Peter Hancock and colleagues from CENWOR - Sri Lanka and Sri Lankan Board of Investment, funded by AUSaid)
- Policing Just Outcomes (Julie Fletcher and Caroline Taylor)
- Supporting Children after Separation Program (SCASP) (Vicki Banham, Andrew Guilfoyle, & Rosa Napolitano-Lincoln)
- A spider in the web: Evaluation of Understanding and Building Resilience in the South West project (Andrew Guilfoyle)
- Attitudes of employers and older nurses to prolonged working life in the nursing profession in Western Australia (Eyal Gringart, Bronwyn Jones, Janis Jansz, Leanne Monterrosso, and Ed Helmes)
- The reporting of adult sexual assault to police in Victoria: The victim/survivor experience and its implications (Caroline Taylor and Cathy Deeker)
- Social death post disclosure of rape and sexual assault: Reconstructing wounded identity (Caroline Taylor)
- Grief and loss counselling for people affected by cancer in Western Australia (Lauren Breen, Moira O’Connor, Elizabeth Lobb, & Maria Fernandez)
The event was a great success for the Centre. There were many positive comments about the new banner and the posters and some new connections made with potential research partners.