Top of page
Faculty of Health, Engineering and Science
Skip to top of page
You are here:
Dr Chang Su Lee
- Post-Doctorate Research Fellow (2008-2009), School of Computer and Security Science, Faculty of Computing, Health and Science at ECU - ‘Foetal Heart Rate Monitoring’ Project - a development of a windows mobile app for measuring foetal heart rate using smart phones. USD $100,000 funded by Microsoft Research, USA.
- IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Member
- IEEE CIS (Computational Intelligence Society) Member
- IEEE RA (Robotics and Automation) Member
Awards and Recognition
National and International Awards
- November 2011. Won a prize AUD $15,000 as a top 5 finalist for the ‘Mobile Foetal and Maternal Health mobile application’ in Univation WApp Competition in Perth, Western Australia.
- November 2010. Our team, WAMBOT took the 4th place in the Final Competition in Adelaide, South Australia in The MAGIC (Multi Autonomous Ground-robotic International Challenge) 2010 Project hosted by DSTO, Australia and DARPA, USA. (www.wambot.org)
- June 2007. The Best Student Paper Award with USD$100 prize in International Conference NAFIPS (North America Fuzzy Inference Processing Society) 2007, San Diego, CA, USA.
University and National Teaching Awards
- March 2007. Winner of the 2006 SURF (Students' Unit Reflective Feedback) Award for teaching as a tutor and a lab demonstrator for “Embedded Systems” unit in 2006. School of Electrical, Electronic, and Computer Engineering at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Perth, Australia.
- May 2006. Travel Grant Award. School of Electrical, Electronic, and Computer Engineering at The University of Western Australia (UWA). For attending the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Systems (IS’06) in London, September, 2006.
- December 2004. UPA (University Postgraduate Award) Scholarship for PhD degree by Research in Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering at The University of Western Australia (UWA), Perth, Australia.
- November 2004. APA (Australian Postgraduate Award) Scholarship for PhD degree by Research in Computer Science and Engineering at The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia.
Research Areas and Interests
- Hybrid learning approaches, machine learning, pattern recognition, hybrid rough-fuzzy systems, bio-informatics, mobile robotics, data/information visualisation.
- Hybridisation in Rough-Fuzzy/Fuzzy-Rough systems for pattern recognition.
- Enhancement on Nearest Shrunken Centroid (NSC) algorithm, Rough-Fuzzy & Rough-GA Feature Selection on medical data, Visual Data Analysis in bio-informatics.
- Data/Information Visualisation for Statistical & Visual Analysis on high dimensional medical and spatial data.
- Navigation and Path-Planning algorithm for Autonomous Navigation for mobile robots.