Dr Lauren Breen
Contact Information Email: email@example.com,
- Graduate Certificate of Education, Edith Cowan University .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Edith Cowan University .
- Bachelor of Science Honours, Edith Cowan University, 2000 .
Recent Research Grants
- Settling into Foster Care: Implications for Long-Term Outcomes, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant, 2008 - 2011, $116,292.
- Contract to Investigate Mechanisms and Costs Associated with Establishing a Sustainable Road Trauma Support Service in Western Australia, Department of Health WA, Grant, 2010, $35,000.
- Supporting People Through Loss, Grief, and Bereavement: Are Our Health Professionals Being Taught Evidence-Based Practice?, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2008 - 2010, $23,483.
- Grief and Loss Counselling for People Affected by Cancer in Western Australia: Towards Best Practice, Cancer Council of WA Inc, Grant, 2008 - 2009, $21,665.
- Investigating the Practice of Grief Support and Intervention Providers in Western Australia: Towards Evidence-based Practice, Edith Cowan University, ECU Early Career Researcher - Grant, 2007 - 2008, $9,292.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Breen, L., (2008), Silenced Voices: Grief Following Road Traffic Crashes., 217, Saarbrucken, Germany.
- Breen, L., Saggers, S., (2009), Wellness Rhetoric: Implications for Policy and Practice in Australian Childhood Health and Disability Services. Disabilities: Insights from Across Fields and Around the World, 3(1), 167-179, United States.
- Aoun, S., Connors, S., Priddis, L., Breen, L., Colyer, S., (2012), Motor Neurone Disease family carers? experiences of caring, palliative care and bereavement: An exploratory qualitative study. Palliative Medicine, 26(6), 842-850, UK, DOI: 10.1177/0269216311416036.
- Breen, L., Wildy, H., Saggers, S., (2011), Challenges in implementing wellness approaches in childhood disability services: Views from the field. International Journal of Disability, Development and Education, 58(2), 137-153, DOI: 10.1080/1034912X.2011.570500.
- Breen, L., O'Connor, M., (2011), Family and social networks after bereavement: Experiences of support, change and isolation. Journal of Family Therapy, 33(1), 98-120, DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-6427.2010.00495.x.
- Breen, L., (2011), Professionals' experience of grief counselling: implications for bridging the gap between research and practice. Omega: Journal of Death and Dying, 62(3), 285-303.
- Aoun, SM., Connors, SL., Priddis, L., Breen, L., Colyer, S., (2011), Motor Neurone Disease family carers' experiences of caring, palliative care and bereavement: An exploratory qualitative study. Palliative Medicine, 26(N/A), 1-9, DOI: 10.1177/0269216311416036.
- Breen, L., Wildy, H., Saggers, S., Millsteed, J., Raghavendra, P., (2011), In search of wellness: Allied health professionals' understandings of wellness in childhood disability services. Disability and Rehabilitation, 33(10), 862-871, United Kingdom, DOI: 10.3109/09638288.2010.520799.
- Breen, L., Darlaston-Jones, D., (2010), Moving beyond the enduring dominance of positivism in psychological research: Implications for psychology in Australia. Australian Psychologist, 45(1), 67-76 , United Kingdom, DOI: 10.1080/00050060903127481.
- Breen, L., O'Connor, M., (2010), Acts of resistance: breaking the silence of grief following traffic crash fatalities. Death Studies, 34(1), 30-53, Washington, DC, DOI: 10.1080/07481180903372384.
- Breen, L., Darlaston-Jones, D., (2009), Moving Beyond the Enduring Dominance of Positivism in Psychological Research: Implications for Psychology in Australia. Australian Psychologist, 99999(1), 1-10, United Kingdom, DOI: 10.1080/00050060903127481.
- Breen, L., (2009), Early childhood service delivery for families living with childhood disability: Disabling families through problematic implicit ideology. Australasian Journal of Early Childhood, 34(4), 14-21, Australia.
- Guilfoyle, A., Breen, L., Fisher, C., O'Connor, M., (2008), Understanding the Burden on Palliative Care Home Carers: A Phenomenological Account. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 3(8), 39-48, Melbourne.
- Breen, L., Green, M., Roarty, L., Saggers, S., (2008), Toward embedding wellness approaches to health and disability in the policies and practices of allied health providers. Journal of Allied Health, 37(3), 173-179.