Mr Simon Roberts
- ICAO Aviation Security Professional Manager, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada
- CPP, ASIS, Hong Kong
- NCPI, Louisville University, USA
- BAA, Aviation Security Managers, UK Level 3 and Level 6.
- Senior Command Course, Royal Hong Kong Police
- Detective Training School, Royal Hong Kong Police
- RFX qualified from the Royal Miltary college, UK
January 2009-present: DHL Express, Vice President Security EEMEA, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Responsible for the security of DHL personnel and shipments in 132 countries.
- Security investigations across 4 Continents in a multi-cultural environment.
- Compliance with government laws and regulations from an international perspective.
- Contingency planning and business continuity.
- International advisor for global business support.
- Emergency planning and evacuations.
- Business Continuity plans
- High Risk location special security planning including Iraq, Afghanistan,etc
- TAPA security audits and oversight
- Regional security plans for the security of over 10,000 regional personnel.
- Responsibility for 3 Area Security managers, and 36 Country Security managers.
- Member of the GSSG, Global Security Steering Group.
2003-2008: Group 4 Securicor, Head of Training, Covert tests and Audits, London UK.
G4S Aviation Security, based at Heathrow, with over 2,000 staff, operating out of over 20 airports in the UK.
- Responsible for the commercial development and marketing of outsourced training
- Quality control and auditing of training delivery
- Monitoring and compliance in accordance with UK and European legislation
- Marketing, client meetings, and customer negotiations and support
- Managing the provision of covert tests and mystery shopper services
- Delivery of senior management training level 3 aviation security courses accredited by the DfT.
- International marketing and delivery of specialist services
- Risk management and security auditing
- Attendance on Government committees
- European representation for international security and legislation monitoring-EASA/ASSA
- Consultancy and external security and training projects.
- Member of the Department for Transport National Committee for aviation security.
2002-2003: Avseco, Head of Operations Support Hong Kong.
Avseco is the sole Aviation Security provider at the Hong Kong International Airport and employs over 2,600 staff.
- Overall management responsibility for Operations Support within the International Airport
- Management of four functions through line managers, these included
- Security audits and covert tests to ISO9001
- Health and safety compliance
- Technical support and screening equipment
- International and domestic Training
- International liaison through various organizations including ICAO, ASIS, IPSA, and IATA.
- Security inspections and consultancy projects in conjunction with the airport authority.
1985-2002: Royal Hong Kong Police, Superintendent
- Advised major corporations on loss prevention measures
- Representative of the Government’s security industry licencing committee headed by the Minister for Transport
- Provided confidential security audits for Heads of Government buildings and personnel.
- Represented the Police on the Hong Kong Security Association.
- Advised on the IT security policy, formulated government policy for the Y2K project
- Commanded over 50 officers including 4 Chief Inspectors and 6 Inspectors
- Media duties on television and radio promoting government crime prevention policies
- Responsibility for architectural liaison and environmental crime prevention design
- Command of the private security licensing division on behalf of the Government.
- Fellow, International Institute of Security
- EPIC, Ex Police in Commerce, UK
Awards and Recognition
- DHL- Saved over US$350,000.00 in replacing a consultancy with existing in house security
- Implemented a personnel evacuation plan for high risk countries
- Streamlined the reporting structure in line with the Global requirements
- Designed a new geographical functional security structure
- Implemented a new global risk escalation program
- G4S-Revenue generation in excess of £800,000 for external training and consultancy
- Cost reduction of 15% in overall departmental expenditure
- Creation of new revenue streams from international consultancy projects
- Production of a procedures manual for training services
- Fully compliant service with a zero non compliance factor
- AVSECO-Implemented the Quality Assurance programme and gained ISO accreditation
- An increase in performance by 7% achieved by the review and streamlining of processes
- Increased passenger satisfaction through independent market research to 95%
- Received 6 commendations and complimentary letters from external agencies
- On time procurement of technology upgrades including new x-ray equipment
- POLICE-First website created specifically for the Crime Prevention Bureau
- Confidential security recommendations for the new Chief Executive after the Handover
- Re-designed the security crime prevention reporting system
- Succesfully implemented the new security company licencing legislation.