Department of Education and Training national criminal history record check
It is a mandatory requirement that all students who anticipate a clinical placement, in an environment other than a health facility, where children are part of the population, require a Department of Education and Training National Criminal History Record Check prior to attending a clinical placement.
This is in addition to the other police screening requirements.
- A National Criminal History Record Check application form is in your Duty of Care Package or can be found on the forms web page.
- Complete and sign the form.
- Enclose your $33 money order or cheque.
- Post to:
Department of Education and Training
Locked Bag 2
- Your card may take up to 3-4 weeks to arrive.
- You are required to provide your current proof of identity and 100 points of identification.
- Go to the Department of Education and Training website for information on appropriate forms of identification. You will also find here, information on completing the form.
A $33 payment is required for your application. Payment can only be made by money order or cheque.
Your clearance card is valid for 3 years. Students are required to display their card clearly at all times whilst on clinical practice.
When to apply
Before the end of first semester
Once you have received your clearance bring with you in your portfolio for presentation to the Discipline specific Clinical Placement Coordinator. A copy will be placed in your files.