Associate Professor Sandra Wooltorton
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9780 7753|
|Facsimile:||(61 8) 9780 7800|
- Master of Education hon, Murdoch University .
- Doctor of Philosophy, Murdoch University .
- Diploma of Teaching, Edith Cowan University .
- BAHons (Bachelor of Arts Honours), Edith Cowan University, 2012 .
- Bachelor of Education, Edith Cowan University, 1978 .
Recent Research Grants
- Transition to Sustainability: ECU South West - A Study of The Transformation of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant(**), 2011, $3,500.
- Sustainable environmental management in Australian small firms, Australian Research Council, Grant - Linkage (Projects), 2011, $15,236.
- Economic Contribution of the South West Racing Industry to the Western Australian Economy, Bunbury Turf Club, Bunbury Turf Club Grant, 2011, $10,000.
- Transition to Sustainability: ECU South West - A Study of The Transformation of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, Edith Cowan University, ECU Industry Collaboration - Grant(**), 2010, $20,000.
- Worsley Energy Challenge a?? Energy Literacy Acquisition (Phase 2 of the Energy Education Resources Project), BHP Billiton Worsley Alumina Pty Ltd, Grant, 2009, $3,850.
- Long term reorientation of schools towards sustainability, Worsley Alumina Pty Ltd, Scholarship, 2008, $66,000.
- Sustainable energy education resources project, Dept of the Premier & Cabinet - Public Sector Management, Grant, 2007, $50,000.
- The development of a tool for assessing provision and effectiveness of coastal management education, Australian Research Institute in Education for Sustainability, Grant, 2007, $491.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Wooltorton, S., (2012), Sustainability: ambiguity and aspiration in teacher education. Critical voices in teacher education: teaching for social justice in conservative times, 257-272, Dordrecht, New York.
- Wooltorton, S., Palmer, M., Steele, F., (2011), A process for transition to sustainability: Implementation. Australian Journal of Environmental Education, 27(1), 160-174, St. Lucia, Queensland.
- Wooltorton, S., Palmer, M., Goodwin, K., Paine, D., (2010), A process for transition to sustainability: Beginning. The Social Educator, 28(2), 20-27, Tasmania.
- Wooltorton, S., (2009), Education for sustainable cities: The great Australian dilemma. State of Australian Cities National Conference: City Growth, Sustainability, Vitality and Vulnerability, 16p., Perth, Western Australia.