Associate Professor Wendy Giles
Associate Dean, Academic Programs
|Telephone:||(61 8) 9780 7758|
- D (Honorary Doctorate, Professional Doctorate ), Curtin University of Technology, 1997 .
- M (Master Degree), The University of Western Australia, 1992 .
- UnivDip (University Diploma), The University of Western Australia, 1976 .
- Cert IV (Certificate IV), Edith Cowan University, 1975 .
- B (Bachelor Degree), The University of Western Australia, 1974 .
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
- Reedy, A., Prescott, D., Giles, W., (2011), Cooperative and Work-intergrated Education and Indigenous Peoples. International Handbook for Cooperative and Work-Integrated Education, 321-329, Boston MA, DOI: DOI 10.1007/978-90-481-3939-2.
- Giles, W., (2012), Middle schooling and quality teaching: The students' perspective. Australian Journal of Middle Schooling, 12(1), 22-29, Queensland.
- Thornton, S., Giles, W., Prescott, D., Rhodes, D., (2011), Exploring the mathematical confidence of Indigenous preservice teachers in a remote teacher education program. Mathematics Education Research Journal, 23(2), 235 - 252, online, DOI: 10.1007/s13394-011-0013-4.
- Rhodes, DB., Prescott, D., Giles, W., (2010), Travelling Remote: Training indigenous teachers in remote communities in Australia's Northern Territory. The International Journal of Diversity in Organisations, Communities and Nations, 10(n/a), n/a, Champaign, Illinois.
- Giles, W., (2010), Teacher education in a remote community: Learning on the job. Asia-Pacific Journal of Cooperative Education, 11(3), 57-65.
- Giles, W., Prescott, D., Rhodes, D., (2010), Innovative teacher training in remote Australian Indigenous Communities: A sustainable staffing model. 5th International Barcelona Conference on Higher Education, http://www.guni-rmies.net/news/detail.php?id=1705.
- Giles, W., (2010), Responding to a challenge: Delivering teacher education in a remote community. ACEN National Conference : Conference Proceedings, 181-188, Bentley, WA.