Dr David Hodgson
Contact Information Telephone: (61 8) 9780 7731, Email: email@example.com, Campus: Bunbury, Room: BU2.137
- Coordinator, Master of Social Work (Advanced Practice)
- Honours supervision
- PhD supervision
- SWK3112 Social Work Theory and Practice 1
- SWK6112 Social Work Research Methods
- SWK6113 Human Services Leadership and Professional Supervision
- SWK1102 Philosophy, Knowledge and Ethics
- Australian Association of Social Workers
- The Australian Social Policy Association
- Education Policy
- School Leaving and Attrition
- Social Work Education and Curriculum
Bachelor of Social Work, University of South Australia .
PhD (Doctoral Degree), Murdoch University, 2014 .
GradCert (Graduate Certificate), Southern Cross University, 2009 .
MSocSc (Master of Social Science), Murdoch University, 2006 .
Recent Research Grants
Evaluation of the 'In a Child's Mind' Playgroup Project,
2008 - 2010, $5,409.
Suicide Research for the South West,
Val Lishman Health Research Foundation Inc,
2009 - 2010, $30,000.
Evaluation Proposal for 'Head Heart and Hand',
Milligan Community Learning and Resource Centre,
2006 - 2009, $18,725.
Examining rural youth needs in the South-West of WA: Implications for pedagogy,
Association of Independent Schools of WA,
AISWA - Grant,
2006 - 2007, $15,000.
Recent Publications (within the last five years)
Hodgson, D., Van Krieken, R., Habibis, D., Smith, P., Hutchins, B., Haralambos, M., Holborn, M., (2010), Globalisation. Sociology: themes and perspectives, n/a, French's Forrest NSW.
Watts, L., Hodgson, D., (2013), Knowing that and knowing how: Building student confidence through skills assessment. Advances in Sociial Work and Welfare Education, 14(1), 75-88, Australia.
Hodgson, D., (2011), Policy rationalities and policy technologies: A programme for analysing the raised school-leaving age in Western Australia. Journal of Education Policy, 26(1), 115-130, DOI: 10.1080/02680939.2010.498901.