2014 ECU Ski and Snowboarding trip to Falls Creek
Falls Creek is Victoria's largest ski and snowboarding resort, and Australia's only 100 per cent ski-in, ski-out alpine village. Located in the heart of the High Country with magnificent views of the Bogong High Plains, Falls Creek is the official training centre of Australia's cross-country ski team. It also has the country's best cross-country skiing terrain amid more than 75 kilometers of groomed trails and 92 runs within its 450 hectare area.
If it's adventure you're after, Falls Creek's terrain parks have Australia's best pipes, rails and jumps, as well as snowmobile and snow bike riding. With its reliable snow falls and extensive snow-making system Falls Creek is the place to be.
Ski Trip Payment Schedule for 2014
Cost $1399 per person for all land arrangements (book your own flights early to secure the best airfare)
1). $100 deposit due on 10th April, 2014 (non refundable).
2). $500 part payment due on 8th May, 2014 - 50% refundable if you change your mind before 2nd June, 2014)
3). $799 final payment due on 3rd June, 2014 - At this point the entire cost of the trip is non-refundable so Travel Insurance is highly recommended. (In some cases we can find someone to take your place but we can't guarantee this).
Enrolments open January 2014:
• If you have access to a credit card you can pay the $100 deposit and other payments once enrolments open.
• In person at the ECU Sports Centre – locations are here.
Note: ECU students (and friends) 18 years and over are eligible.
The expansive skiing terrain at Falls Creek is made up of over 90 trails for skiers and boarders of all levels from beginners (17%) to intermediates (60%) and advanced (23%). There are also some of Australia's steepest and deepest slopes at Mt McKay, which can be skied (weather permitting) with the McKay Kat.
Falls Creek boasts an integrated network of 15 ski lifts covering over 90 runs and there is a wide variety of snow activities available both on and off the slopes including:
• Snow bikes, snow tubing, freestyle tubing
• Night skiing and boarding
• Terrain park and half pipe
• Helicopter rides
• Cross-country skiing with over 75 km of groomed trails
• Mt McKay back country riding
• Wining and dining on gourmet delights
• Nightlife with live bands, comedy nights, dancing
• Falls Creek has Victoria's largest snow-making facilities, covering over 110 hectares
• Over 2.2km of night skiing on flood lite terrain
• Falls Creek is the largest ski/boarding resort in Victoria, with over 450 hectares of ski area
• The resort has Australia's longest beginners run (Wombats Ramble is 2.2 km) and intermediate/advanced run (3 km).
• Falls Creek is regularly voted number one for its terrain parks. There are four parks with kids, beginners, intermediate and expert areas especially designed to challenge all riders.
Facilities at Falls Creek
|• Post Office
• News agency
• 24 hour medical centre
• Massage service
• Photographic centre
|• Ski, snowboard and clothing hire
• Ski patrol
• Snow play area
• Helicopter service
• Free village shuttle service