ECU 2013 Ski and Snow boarding bring your friends...
20th July (Melbourne overnight)
21st to 26th July at Falls Creek.
Once again we will be hitting the ski slopes for 5 days of awesome fun plus the opportunity for 2 weekends of partying in Melbourne. As part of a group of 35 ECU students you will stay in a luxury ski lodge only metres from the ski lifts. After an exciting day of skiing head back to the lodge for a shower and schnapps before dinner. That should re-energise you before we head out to the many bars & clubs that make up the ski village or perhaps relax back at the lodge and watch DVD’s and have your own private party!
Falls Creek is Victoria's largest ski and boarding resort, and Australia's only 100 per cent ski-in, ski-out alpine village.
Located in the heart of the High Country with magnificent views of the Bogong High Plains, Falls Creek is the official training centre of Australia's cross-country ski team and has the country's best cross-country skiing terrain amid more than 75 kilometers of groomed trails and 92 runs within its 450-hectare area.
If it's adventure you're after, terrain parks with Australia's best pipes, rails and jumps as well as snowmobile and snow bike riding make Falls Creek and its reliable snow falls and extensive snow-making system the place to be
ECU students over the age of 18 are eligible.
* One nights accommodation in central Melbourne at the Victoria Hotel on 20th July.
. Click on the video below.
5 nights accommodation at the fully self contained Alpha Ski Lodge Apartments in Falls Creek.
Alpha Lodge pics
* 5 days hire of snow boards, skis,
stocks & boots
* Bus transport to & from Falls Creek
* Over snow transport of luggage to the Lodge
* 4 X 70 minute ski/snow boarding lessons
5 days unlimited use of all 15 ski lifts and 90 ski runs!!
* 5 days hire of ski clothing
You arrange your own flights on the internet which can save you heaps of money.
Cost $1349 - a huge saving if you had to book the trip yourself.
Discount equipment in Melbourne at www.aussiedisposals.com.au
Due May 1st 2013 a $100 deposit which is 50% refundable if you change your mind before the 2nd June 2013.
Due May 6th a $500 part payment which is also 50% refundable if you change your mind before the 2nd June 2013.
Due June 3rd (working public holiday for ECU) the remaining $749. After this date there are no refunds available on any amounts paid however in some cases we can find someone to take your place but we can’t guarantee this.
Enrolments now open:
- If you have access to a credit card you can pay the $100 deposit and other payments online.
Here is the link:
(Payments codes are: Payment 1 Deposit - $100; Payment 2 - $500; Payment 3 - $749)
- In person at the ECU Sports Centre – locations are here.
Got a question? Please email Belinda
Saturday 20th July 2013– Arrive in Melbourne. Head out for a spot of shopping. Visit the Melbourne markets or sight seeing. Meet at The Victoria Hotel at 6pm for dinner then enjoy the Melbourne nightlife!!
Sunday 21st July 2013– arrive at snow. Check into Lodge, get ski equipment, clothing etc. Party hard for your first night on the mountain or relax back and watch some DVD’s.
Monday 22nd to Friday 26th July – Ski, Party, Ski, Party, Ski, Party, Ski, Party
Friday 26th July late afternoon depart for Melbourne. Catch plane home that night (book for after 8.30pm) or hang around for a few more nights to really get into the Melbourne shopping and/or Pub/Club scene
Other little gems of information
- Falls Creek has Victoria’s largest snow-making facilities, covering over 110 hectares
- Over 2.2km of night skiing on flood lite terrain
- Falls Creek is the largest ski/boarding resort in Victoria, with over 450 hectares of ski area
- The resort has Australia's longest beginners run (Wombats Ramble is 2.2 kilometers) and the longest intermediate/advanced run is 3 kilometers
- Falls Creek is regularly voted number one for its terrain parks. There are four parks with kids, beginners, intermediate and expert areas especially designed to challenge all riders.
Terrain mix beginners/advanced
- The expansive skiing terrain at Falls Creek is made up of over 90 trails for skiers and boarders of all levels from beginners (17%) to intermediates (60%) and advanced (23%). There are also some of Australia’s steepest and deepest slopes at Mt McKay, which can be skied with our McKay Kat.
- Falls Creek boasts an integrated network of 15 ski lifts covering over 90 runs.
- There is a wide variety of snow activities available both on and off the slopes including:
- Snow bikes
- Snow tubing
- Freestyle tubing
- Night skiing and boarding
- Terrain park and half pipe
- Helicopter rides
- Ski Hotham on the same lift ticket
- Cross-country skiing with over 75 kilometers of groomed trails
- Mt McKay back country riding
- Snow shoe shuffling
- Wining and dining on gourmet delights
- Nightlife with live bands, comedy nights, dancing.
A great selection of facilities are on offer at Falls Creek including:
- Post office
- News agency
- 24 hour medical centre
- Massage service
- Photographic centre
- Ski, snow board and clothing hire
- Ski patrol
- Snow play area
- Helicopter service
- Free shuttle service around the village.
Got a question? Please email Belinda