The authorised officer should verify each document by writing 'This is a true copy of the original document sighted by me', then signing the statement, printing their name, address, contact telephone number, profession or occupation or organisation, date verified and including the official stamp or seal of the verifier’s organisation on the copy, if the organisation has such a stamp.
Certification can be carried out by:
- Student Central staff at ECU;
- The official records department of the institution that originally issued the documents;
- The Admissions Office or Student Administration of any Australian University;
- Within Australia, anyone who is currently employed as a Justice of the Peace; commissioner of declarations, pharmacist; credit union branch manager; bank manager; barrister, solicitor or patent attorney; police officer in charge of a police station or of the rank of sergeant and above; medical practitioner; postal manager; principal of an Australian secondary college, high school or primary school; accountant - member of the Institute of Charted Accountants in Australia or CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants or the Association of Taxation and Management Accountants or Registered Tax Agents;
- Overseas, an Australian overseas diplomatic mission and Australian Educational Centres or Notary Public;
- The Administration Office at any TAFE College;
- The Western Australian Tertiary Institutions Service Centre, Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre, South Australian Admissions Centre, Universities Admissions Centre (NSW and ACT) or Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre.