We assess your application into our research courses using the following criteria:
- Whether you meet minimum requirements to enter ECU and any special admission requirements for the course
- Your academic performance in previous courses, i.e.: undergraduate, Honours and postgraduate courses
- Your research capability, demonstrated in any research courses you have undertaken previously
- Whether your research topic fits into our research activities
- Whether we have staff available to supervise your research within the relevant School (you can find researchers in your field using our Researcher & Supervisor Database)
Step by step guide to applying for a Research Course
- We accept applications for our Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) courses all year round.
- We recommend you submit your application for Masters by Research and Professional Doctorates at least one month prior to the start of semester.
You need to follow these steps to apply for a Masters by Research, Professional Doctorate or Doctor of Philosophy course (Higher Degree by Research course):
- Contact us to confirm availability of supervision in your intended research topic
- If you are applying for a Psychology research course, complete an PG Academic Referee Report (.DOC)
- If your work has appeared in research publications or you have received research grant(s), outline your research experience (Documenting Your Research Experience (PDF))
- If you are applying for an ECU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECU-IPRS), you will also need to submit the relevant scholarship application and documentation.
- Apply online using our Online Admission System
We accept applications for our Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) courses all year round.
- 30 September: Closing date for applications to the Master of Psychology (coursework) to commence Semester 1 2014
- 31 October:
- 29 November: Closing date for applications for Semester 1 2014 for all other courses
- 10 January: Closing date for applications to the Doctor of Health Science (Clinical Leadership and Management) to commence Semester 1 2014
- 7 February: Closing date for applications to Master by Research and Professional Doctorate courses to commence Semester 1 2014
- 10 - 21 February: Orientation
- 24 February: Semester 1 starts
- 30 May: Closing date for applications for Semester 2 2014. Note: early closing dates for specific courses will be published in April 2014
- 14 - 25 July: Orientation
- 28 July: Semester 2 start