Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- You can email a course fact sheet to yourself by using the form below. Multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma ',' (3 maximum).
Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
A cross-institutional Master of Nursing degree (by coursework) enabling the student to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills as a component of their application for registration as a Nurse Practitioner to the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia.
Developed in conjunction with Flinders University, South Australia, part one of the program enables the student to enhance their individual knowledge and skill whilst working in their selected area of specialisation.
Part two of the program enables the student to acquire the theoretical knowledge and skills required of a nurse practitioner in a specialist nurse or extended practice role.
This course is Commonwealth Government Supported for eligible students.
Additional Course Information
To be eligible to apply for endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia, graduates of this program must evidence the following requirements:
- Current general registration as a Registered Nurse with no conditions on the registration relating to unsatisfactory professional performance or unprofessional conduct;
- The equivalent of three years full-time experience in an advanced practice role within the previous six years from the date of lodegement of the application;
- Completion of a Board approved Nurse Practitioner program of study at master's level or equivalent as determined byu the Board;
- Compliance with the National Competency Standards for the Nurse Practitioner, and
- Compliance with the Board's registration standard on continuing professional development as a Registered Nurse