Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- You can email a course fact sheet to yourself by using the form below. Multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma ',' (3 maximum).
Master of Arts (Performing Arts)
This Master by Research program will require students to research, devise and produce new works of art, or develop new approaches to arts practice.
It is expected that this activity will be a contemporary expression of traditional arts practice leading towards new insights in the selected field of study.
The course is aimed primarily at high level practitioners from a wide cross-section of the arts community who wish to extend their independent capacity to operate in an increasingly multi-art form and technologically-based profession.
Specifically, the course aims to:
- create opportunities for innovation and creativity in the arts;
- use the resources of the Academy to create leadership opportunities for people who can offer the arts informed direction, and identifiable and marketable skills, to advance the Australian cultural environment into the next decade;
- provide opportunities for people from diverse ethnic and creative arts backgrounds to synthesise disparate artistic skills to produce innovative and creative outcomes for the arts industry;
- build upon and extend the traditions and conventions of the student’s earlier training to create new knowledge for the arts.
There is also a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) available in the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA).
This course is available for on-campus study by students with an International student visa.