Help us improve our content by rating this page.
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
Some general fee information for coursework and research study is provided below.
We recommend you visit our Fees Calculator for a more comprehensive view of the cost of postgraduate courses and units.
We provide scholarships and awards to students enrolled in an Honours program or Master by coursework.
Scholarships generally have selection criteria, which must be met, and can provide financial support to assist you with education and living expenses.
At ECU, we are committed to undertaking high quality research and offer a number of scholarships to students undertaking a Doctoral or Master by research degree.
Develops professionals in the field of Occupational and Health and Safety (OHS). In particular to develop the skills of identification and management of workplace hazards that may adversely impact on the health and safety of workers.
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- implement and assess an Occupational and Health and Safety management system that reflects the OHS needs and issues of an organisation taking into account the size and complexity of the organisation;
- critically review the risk management processes that have been developed for a workplace and/or industry including the characterisation of incident investigation processes identifying issues in specific industries/workplaces;
- critically review the legal framework for occupational safety and health in Australia;
- synthesise the factors that have influenced the development of Occupational Safety and Health law in Australia;
- synthesise the factors that influence the application of Occupational Safety and Health legislation in the workplace;
- categorise hazards according to type, assessment when a hazard becomes a risk and characterise the principles of safe design in relation to potential impacts on people, plant and/or the environment;
- demonstrate academic skills which include writing, referencing and researching at a postgraduate level including professional competencies in the use of commonly used business software packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint used in Occupational and Health and Safety.
This course is accredited by the Australian OHS Education Accreditation Board (AOHSEAB).
Roles in the mining, oil & gas, construction, government and non-government sectors.
Articulates with the Master in Occupational Health and Safety.
This course is not available for on-campus study by students with an International student visa.