Help us improve our website content by rating this page.
Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- Study Mode
- Delivery Mode
- Mid-year intake
- Indicative ATAR (TER)
- Indicative Fees (1st Year):
- CRICOS (International students)
- Related Careers
- Admission Requirements
- Special Admission Requirements
- Study Mode:
- Delivery Mode:
5 years full-time or equivalent part-time
Business and Law
Law and Justice
- Indicative ATAR (TER):
- Indicative Fees
We are unable to display fee information for the selected course at this time. Please visit our Fees Calculator to view the cost of undergraduate courses and units. Before you proceed, make a note of your course or unit code and title.
Here is some general tuition fee information for international students.
You are an International Full Fee Paying student if you do not hold Australian or New Zealand citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or a Permanent Humanitarian Visa.
You may have a choice in the units you enrol in and this may change the cost. Tuition fees also change each year and you will be charged the unit price for the current year in which you are enrolled in the unit.
Bachelor of Laws Bachelor of Business
This course structure contains information about the units which comprise the course as well as the credit points required to successfully complete it.
The Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Bachelor of Business consists of 720 credit points (48 units) as listed below:
|Bachelor of Laws||Core units||330 credit points||22 units|
|Bachelor of Laws||Elective units||150 credit points||10 units|
|Bachelor of Business||240 credit points||16 units|
Bachelor of Laws
- Students should take care in ensuring that they satisfy the pre requisites for any unit.
- Students should check with the School of Law and Justice to determine which elective units are offered by the University in any semester.
- Unspecified Law electives, based on previous studies under a recognised LLB course, may be credited towards the above course by the Bachelor of Laws Course Coordinator and in accordance with the University's rules and policy on advanced standing.
Bachelor of Business
- No more than 180 credit points (12 units) completed at level one.
- A minimum of 60 credit points (4 units) completed at level three.
- Students must complete the 3 Business Edge units and a minimum of 5 Business Core units.
- Prerequisite units must be passed before enrolment in subsequent units. In certain circumstances this requirement may be waived by the relevant Major Co-ordinator.
- In general, all level one Business Core units must be completed before level two units are studied and level two units before level three units.
- In general, the Business Edge units must be completed sequentially with BES3500 taken in the final semester or year of study.
- Accounting Major
CPAA, ICAA and IPA accreditation
In the Accounting Major, students do not need to take LAW2300 Company Law II unit for accounting professional
body accreditation. Instead, LAW3102 Corporations Law (LLB core unit) will be used for accreditation.
- Finance Major
LLB elective unit.
- LAW1100 Legal Framework
Students requiring LAW1100 as a pre-requisite unit for a Level 2 or Level 3 unit can use LAW1111 or LAW1117 as a
substitute for LAW1100 in this double degree only. Students are required to contact the Faculty Student Information
Office for assistance in enrolling into any units that require LAW1100 as a pre-requisite. Planning students will be
required to take an additional Planning elective unit instead of LAW1100.
All students are required to complete the core units (Business Edge and Business Core units) plus one business major.
Business Edge units
45 credit points
Business Core units*
75 credit points
A Business major program * (which includes one additional Business Core unit)
120 credit points
* A Business major program consists of 120 credit points (8 units) of study and includes one additional Business Core unit. Students must ensure their choice of Business core units includes the unit required by that major. All units listed in the major must be completed to satisfy the requirements of that major. Failure to do so may mean that students are required to take additional units to satisfy the requirements of the major.
COURSE PLANNERS (Study Programs)
Course planners are available from the Faculty of Business and Law Student Information Office. Students are encouraged to seek advice from the Faculty of Business and Law Student Information Office to help develop a personalised course planner.
BACHELOR OF LAWS Students must complete the following 330 credit points (22 units) of core units:
Unit Description Points LAW1113 Criminal Law I 15 LAW1214 Criminal Law II 15 LAW1111 Contract Law I 15 LAW1212 Contract Law II 15 LAW1117 Torts I 15 LAW1218 Torts II 15 LAW1116 Legal Process 15 LAW1600 Legal Writing and Research 15 LAW2102 Property Law I 15 LAW2312 Property Law II 15 LAW2350 Administrative Law 15 LAW2104 Constitutional Law I 15 LAW2314 Constitutional Law II 15 LAW3102 Corporations Law 15 LAW3106 Evidence 15 LAW3107 Law of Trusts 15 LAW3103 Equity 15 LAW4604 Civil Procedure I 15 LAW4614 Civil Procedure II 15 LAW4620 Commercial Practice, Conveyancing and Drafting 15 LAW4625 Statutory Interpretation 15 LAW4704 Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility 15
BACHELOR OF LAWS Elective units Units have been grouped into streams relating to particular areas of legal practice. Students may also select electives across streams. Students must complete 150 credit points (10 units) selected from:
Unit Description Points CRIMINAL LAW/SOCIAL JUSTICE ELECTIVES CRI1103 Criminology 15 CRI1105 Psychology and Criminal Justice 15 CRI3109 International Human Rights 15 IAS1115 Indigenous Australians, Cultural Competence and the Criminal Justice System 15 LAW2600 Terrorism and the Law 15 LAW3105 Alternative Dispute Resolution 15 LAW3600 Coronial Law and Mortuary Practice 15 LAW3602 Community Legal Practice 15 LAW3700 Supervised Legal Research Paper 15 LAW4108 International Law 15 LAW4130 Innocence Project 15 LAW4206 Advanced Criminal Law 15 COMMERCIAL LAW ELECTIVES LAW2106 Intellectual Property Law 15 LAW2601 Planning and Development Law I 15 LAW3105 Alternative Dispute Resolution 15 LAW3109 Taxation Law 15 LAW3201 Law of Banking and Credit III 15 LAW3221 Trade Practices, Competition and Consumer Protection Law 15 LAW3608 Advanced Taxation Law 15 LAW3700 Supervised Legal Research Paper 15 LAW4110 International Trade Law 15 LAW4601 Mining and Resource Law 15 LAW4609 Remedies 15 FBL3501 Business Practicum 15 GOVERNMENT/PRIVATE LAW ELECTIVES LAW2105 Employment Law 15 LAW2602 Environmental Law and Administration 15 LAW3105 Alternative Dispute Resolution 15 LAW3602 Community Legal Practice 15 LAW3700 Supervised Legal Research Paper 15 LAW4108 International Law 15 LAW4607 Family Law 15
** LAW2410 is only available to students taking the Accounting major in the Bachelor of Business.
HONOURS - LAW An undergraduate law student, who has not more than 120 points of study left to complete to qualify for a Bachelor of Laws degree and who has achieved a weighted average mark of not less than 70% across previously completed Bachelor of Laws units, may be eligible to graduate with Honours. Eligible students must complete LAW4710 - Advanced Legal Research Thesis in lieu of 30 credit points of law elective units. Completion of LAW4710 does not guarantee a student will receive a Bachelor of Laws (Honours). Except as otherwise provided, the policy Management of Honours Candidature, Grading of Honours Performance and Student Support applies. The Honours grade will be based on both completed units within the Bachelor of Laws degree as well as LAW4710. The coursework and dissertation mark are combined in proportion to the credit point values in determining the overall mark and honours grade. There is no third class honours.
ELECTIVE UNIT - HONOURS
Unit Description Points LAW4710 Advanced Legal Research Thesis 30
BACHELOR OF BUSINESS
Unit Description Points Business Edge units (3 units) BES1500 Business Communication and Analysis 15 BES2500 Business Professionalism and Career Management 15 BES3500 Business Capstone 15 Plus Business Core units* (5 units) selected from: ACC1100 Accounting I 15 ECF1110 Economics I 15 ECF1120 Finance I 15 ECF1151 Quantitative and Statistical Techniques for Business 15 MAN1100 Management I 15 MAN1600 Information Systems for Business 15 MKT1600 Marketing Principles & Practices 15 FBL3501 Business Practicum 15
* As each Bachelor of Business major contains one additional business core unit within its structure students must ensure their choice of Business core units includes the unit required by that major. Failure to do so may mean that students are required to take additional units to satisfy the requirements of the major. ** FBL3501 is by application only. Students must have completed a minimum of 180 credit points to apply and are required to submit a current resume, a statement addressing their suitability and attend an interview. LAW1100 Legal Framework Students requiring LAW1100 as a pre-requisite unit for a Level 2 or Level 3 unit can use LAW1111 or LAW1117 as a substitute for LAW1100 in this double degree only. Students are required to contact the Faculty Student Information Office for assistance in enrolling into any units that require LAW1100 as a pre-requisite. Planning students will be required to take an additional Planning elective unit instead of LAW1100.
#### SAT-RCO-RYP: 325635, Course Structure ####
#### SAT-RCO-GET-VARS ['location':'international','studymode':''] ####
#### SAT-RCO-GET-VARS ['sector':'', 'campus':''] ####
#### SAT-RCO-GET-VARS ['action':'structure'] ####