Top of page
Global Site Navigation

Future Students - Information for Non School Leavers

Local Section Navigation

Help us improve our content by rating this page.

Page rating system

Please tell us why your content rating for this page is low.
If you'd rather not, just click Submit.

You are here: Main Content

Commonwealth Supported Places

ECU offers Commonwealth Supported Places to students who are Australian Citizens, Permanent Residents, holders of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa and New Zealand Citizens. This means that the Government contributes towards your tuition fees and you are responsible for the rest, which is your student contribution.

If you are an Australian Citizen or the holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa, you are also eligible to access the HECS-HELP scheme which allows you to defer your fees until your taxable income is above the minimum threshold for compulsory repayment. Alternatively, Australian Citizens can pay for units of study in a given teaching period by census date and receive a 10% discount.


All undergraduate courses.

You are eligible to be Commonwealth Supported if you are:

  • an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident / Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder or a New Zealand Citizen, and
  • studying a Bachelor, Associate Diploma, Honours or a CGS supported postgraduate course that leads to professional accreditation
Skip to top of page