Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- You can email a course fact sheet to yourself by using the form below. Multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma ',' (3 maximum).
Bachelor of Creative Industries
This course structure contains information about the units which comprise the course as well as the credit points required to successfully complete it.
The Bachelor of Creative Industries degree is a 360 credit point, 24 unit, three year full-time award which may be studied in part-time mode. The degree has three main components:
- a foundation programme of four core units (60 credit points) and four electives (60 credit points) related to a specialised area,
- a Major programme consisting of eight units (120 credit points) in a specialised area (listed below),
- a supplementary programme consisting of eight units (120 credit points) comprising:
- a second Major from the Bachelor of Creative Industries or from any other programme at ECU; OR
- any four unit (60 credit point) minor at ECU, including those listed below, plus four electives; OR
- an elective programme of eight units (120 credit points).
Students may embark on their chosen Major in the first year of study. Majors in the course include:
Environmental and Spatial Design
Film and Video
Game Design and Culture
Screen Studies (available to Screen Academy students only, special admission requirements apply)
Whatever pattern students choose:
- normally no more than ten of the units studied should be at first year level;
- at least four units must be at third year level.
|Students must complete the following core foundation units:|
|CCA1102||Representation and Interpretation||15|
|CCA1103||Creativity: Theory, Practice and History||15|
|CCA1108||Communications and Digital Technology||15|
|Plus, students must complete the following core capstone unit in their final semester of study:|
|CCA3111||Preparation for Professional Life||15|