New courses open for business
Tuesday, 17 July 2012
Mount Lawley Open Day in full swing
Do you see yourself managing a resort in Dubai? Are you intrigued by cyber security? Do you want to embark on a career in medical science?
These are just some of the new areas of study offered by ECU in 2013. ECU’s Open Day events will be the first chance to take a look at the new courses, which include:
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering;
- Bachelor of Science (Cyber Security);
- Bachelor of Medical Science; and
- Bachelor of International Hotel and Resort Management.
Visitors to ECU’s Joondalup (JO) and Mount Lawley (ML) campuses will get a chance to meet staff and students, talk to lecturers and get a first-hand insight into what makes these, and other courses, stand out from the crowd.
There will be a number of interactive activities on the day, including:
- Tours of ECU’s brand new, state-of-the-art engineering facilities (JO);
- WAAPA student performances (ML);
- How to film with green screen – creating movie magic (ML);
- Motorsports workshops, where you can check out the 2011 ECU FSAE race car, designed and built by ECU students; (JO)
- Life-like 3G Sim Man/Sim Baby from the School of Nursing and Midwifery (JO);
- Real-life emergency scenario, run by the School of Medical Sciences (JO); and
- The Facebook phenomenon – an introduction to managing your online presence (JO)
The ECU Open Days will be held on Sunday, 29 July at Joondalup and Sunday, 12 August at Mount Lawley from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
Photo opportunities can be arranged by request.
For more information visit the Open Day website.