Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- You can email a course fact sheet to yourself by using the form below. Multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma ',' (3 maximum).
Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
Biological Science Education Major: A satisfactory performance in a course from the Science Learning Area at WACE stages 3A/3B, or equivalent is required.
Drama Education Major: An audition is required.
Mathematics Education Major: A satisfactory performance in WACE General Mathematics 3A/3B, or the equivalent, is required. (A satisfactory performance in Mathematics 3C/3D or Mathematics: Specialist 3A/3B, or the equivalent, is preferred.)
Music Education Major: Applicants must apply to the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) to arrange an audition. Applicants are assessed on:
- Successful completion of a practical test on the applicant's chosen instrument.
- Successful completion of a short aural / theory test
- A suggested level of performance is AMEB Grade V or equivalent.
Further information on audition requirements and process is available from the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA).
Physical Science Education Major: A satisfactory performance in WACE Mathematics 3C/3D or Mathematics: Specialist 3A/3B and satisfactory performance in 3A/3B Chemistry or 3A/3B Physics, or equivalent is required.
Visual Arts Education Major: An interview and folio presentation is required.
Special admission requirements
Applicants who have completed their secondary education studies in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the UK or the USA, do not need to provide proof of English competency.
To satisfy the English entry requirements, ALL other applicants must show evidence of:
- Academic IELTS with an overall score of 7.0 or above with no score below 6.5 in each of the four skill areas of listening, speaking, reading and writing; or
- A TOEFL, paper based only, with a minimum score of 600 including a Test of Written English score of 5.0 or better
Note: Graduates must meet the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA) English language proficiency requirements for teacher registration in Western Australia.
Indicative ATAR (TER)
This score gives you an indication of the ATAR (TER) you are likely to require to enter this course. NOTE: This information is correct for our current intake of students and may change for next year's intake. We update this page with next year's score at the end of August each year.