Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- You can email a course fact sheet to yourself by using the form below. Multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma ',' (3 maximum).
Bachelor of Arts Bachelor of Business
This course structure contains information about the units which comprise the course as well as the credit points required to successfully complete it.
The course will comprise 32 units (480 credit points) over a full-time enrolment of four years. 240 credit points will be studied in the Bachelor of Arts, and 240 credit points in the Bachelor of Business.
Within this course, students are required to complete the following units:
From the Bachelor of Arts:
- Foundation program of 45 credit points (3 core units)
- 120 credit points Arts Major (8 units)
- 60 credit points Arts Minor (4 units)
- 15 credit points final semester core capstone unit
Please see below for detailed information on Bachelor of Business options.
- No more than 180 credit points (12 units) completed at level one.
- A minimum of 60 credit points (4 units) completed at level three.
- Students must complete the 4 Business Edge units and a minimum of 5 Business Core units.
- Prerequisite units must be passed before enrolment in succeeding units. In certain circumstances this requirement may be waived by the relevant Major Co-ordinator.
- In general, all level one Business Core units must be completed before level two units are studied and level two units before level three units.
- In general, the Business Edge units must be completed sequentially with BES3100 taken in the final semester or year of study.
All students are required to complete the core units (Business Edge and Business Core units) plus one a program with one Business major.
Bachelor of Business with one Business major
|Business Edge units||
|Business Core units*||minimum of||4 units|
|A Business major program * (which includes one additional Business Core unit)||8 units|
* A Business major program consists of 120 credit points (8 units) of study and includes one additional Business Core unit. All units listed in the major must be completed to satisfy the requirements of that major.
|Arts Foundation program (45 credit points)|
|CCA1108||Communications and Digital Technology||15|
|HMN1101||Home and Away: Introducing the Humanities||15|
|HMN1102||What is Knowledge?||15|
|In addition, students must complete the following core capstone unit in their final semester of study:|
|CCA3111||Preparation for Professional Life||15|
|Business Edge Studies|
|BES1100||Foundations of Business Knowledge||15|
|BES1200||Business Knowledge Development||15|
|BES2100||Foundations of Business Leadership||15|
|BES3100||Business Career Development||15|
|Core Bachelor of Business Units *|
|Select 75 credit points from the following:|
|ECF1151||Quantitative and Statistical Techniques for Business||15|
|LAW1100||Legal Framework I||15|
|MAN1600||Information Systems for Business||15|
|MKT1600||Marketing Principles & Practices||15|
|*Note 1: As each Bachelor of Business major contains one business core unit within its structure students must ensure their choice of Business core units includes the unit required by that major. Failure to do so may mean that students are required to take additional units to satisfy the requirements of the major.|
** This unit is by application only. Students are required to submit a current resume, a statement addressing their suitability and attend an interview.