University Preparation Course requirements
This page outlines ECU's minimum requirements for any of your students seeking entry to our University Preparation Courses.
To be considered for admission to a University Preparation Course, applicants must:
- Meet secondary graduation requirements of the Western Australian Certificate of Education (where applicable) and
- Meet ECU's UPC English Competency requirements and
- Have studied a minimum of four ECU approved WACE Courses or equivalent (at least 2 WACE courses must be undertaken at Stage 2 or above); or
- Successfully completed a Certificate IV as part of their 12 years of schooling.
Non School Leavers
To be considered for admission to a University Preparation Course, applicants are required to meet ECU's UPC English Competency requirements and have either:
- Prior educational qualifications which match current non-TEE entry requirements for School Leavers, or
- Have a minimum score of 110 (post Feb 2010) or 125 (prior to Feb 2010) in English and at least 110 (post Feb 2010) or 115 (prior to Feb 2010) in either the STAT Verbal or Quantitative components, or
- Have successfully completed a TAFE Certificate III, or
- Applied via the Portfolio Pathway