Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- You can email a course fact sheet to yourself by using the form below. Multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma ',' (3 maximum).
Bachelor of Arts (Dance) Honours
Enables outstanding students to learn and apply practical, theoretical and research skills in either or both creative (choreographic or other media) and scholarly areas of dance.
Involves learning in the theories of dance and related disciplines which underpin the basis of a research project.
The course is offered in two modes: Individual research and Company research.
In the Individual research mode, students will:
- master one or more theoretical approaches to analysing and creating original work in dance practice or scholarly practice;
- design and implement a research project; and
- present the results of the research in performance and/or other media and/or in minor thesis form.
In the Link Dance Company research mode of intensive investigations into techniques and performance students will:
- expand movement knowledge through diverse choreographic processes
- enhance performance skills through exposure to a variety of venues and performance environments
- attain a working knowledge of the logistics of performance and touring
Students will gain an appreciation of the art of dance within a broader, interdisciplinary context of the arts and/or sciences, and will be able to articulate the significance of the original work they create.
Dancer, Ballet Dancer, Choreographer
This course is available for on-campus study by students with an International student visa.