To find a topic for your Honours project, start by thinking about:
- Topics that spark your interest – these could be from your undergraduate degree or workplace
- Academic staff and their research interests
- Look at the research listed on ECU Faculty and School websites, your potential topic may be inspired by their research strengths
- You can find an ECU supervisor in your area of interest using our Researcher & Supervisor Database, as well as explore the diverse and exciting research projects currently being undertaken in our faculties
Note: Some schools may already have a list of available Honours projects you can select from.
Don't forget to talk to your Honours Coordinator
Your School's Honours Course Coordinator will be able to assist you to find a supervisor to inspire and guide you through your Honours journey, as well as a topic that suits your interests and ambitions.
Talk to your Honours Course Coordinator about:
- Some of the ideas you have for an honours project
- Their suggestions about identifying the best supervisor for you
- Assistance in developing the proposal you will submit with your application to enter the Honours program