Our courses information
Our courses offer the right balance of practical knowledge and academic excellence and a wide range of study options.
- You can email a course fact sheet to yourself by using the form below. Multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma ',' (3 maximum).
Bachelor of Science (Occupational Therapy)
Contributes to current trends in health services by promoting health and wellbeing through occupation.
Students will develop an understanding of the factors that affect occupational performance in areas of self-care, education, work, social participation, play and leisure for individuals, groups and populations through the lifespan.
Fieldwork placements throughout the course provide students with valuable learning experiences in a range of settings.
Graduates will possess a sound knowledge and understanding of professional principles and processes and will be able to generalise their attributes and skills in new situations.
Students are required to complete practicum placement(s) as part of this course.
Additional Course Information
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Reporting Obligation
The University is required under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (WA) Act (2010) to provide the names of students undertaking this course to the Australian Health Professional Regulatory Authority (AHPRA), for the purposes of student registration.
Clinical Practice Duty of Care
To be able to undertake clinical practice and fulfill their duty of care, students are required to complete risk management protocols on commencement of the course and carry out amendments in subsequent semesters as appropriate
Risk management protocols include, but are not restricted to:
- Certificate of National Police Clearance
- Current WA Department of Health Criminal Record Screening Clearance Card
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Department of Education and Training National Criminal History RecordCheck
- Evidence of immunisation status as per the Department of Health schedule
- MRSA clearance if worked in, or been admitted to, a health facility outside of Western Australia in the 12 months prior to enrolment;
- Working with Children Check
Occupational Therapist, Health Promotion Officer, Hand Therapist, Mental Health Therapist, Occupational Rehabilitationist, Safety Officer, Health Researcher, Disability Therapist, Neuromuscular Therapist, Neurorehabilitation Therapist, Paediatric Therapist, Aged & Community Care Coordinator
This course is available for on-campus study by students with an International student visa.